I've made an app. but don't know which website i should send for reviews, etc.

Any tip helps

Thanks in advance.
    02-08-2011 01:42 PM
    there are hundreds of sites promoting apps, a lot of them accept review requests, but a small change of being noticed. Why not use twitter to send tweets about your app say once a day with different messaging. Also ask family and friends to retweet.
    02-10-2011 11:36 AM
    Try AppSafari and AppCraver.
    02-14-2011 03:11 PM
    try searching in google. (--,)
    03-06-2011 03:59 AM
    I've made an app. but don't know which website i should send for reviews, etc.

Any tip helps

Thanks in advance.

Here is some:

148apps.com
    appcraver.com
    appyzilla.com
    appaddict.net
    appvee.com/appolicious
    greatappaday.com
    artoftheiphone.com
    crazymikesapps.com
    planet-iphones.com
    iphoneappreview.com
    krapps.com
    iphone.appspatrol.com
    appsmile.com
    slapapp.com
    whatsoniphone.com
    iphone.iusethis.com

It is difficult though - big sites are very busy. Most of smaller ones want money (around $100) and it quickly adds up if you start paying for reviews.

I find reviews to be quite useless - very few people are actually reading them which result in paid review ROI being really low.
    PsychoChris likes this.
    03-10-2011 10:30 PM
    Well, it's still better to try the to leave promotion alone - without it only really good app and luck can cause success..
    03-13-2011 09:43 AM
    Here is some:

It is difficult though - big sites are very busy. Most of smaller ones want money (around $100) and it quickly adds up if you start paying for reviews.

I find reviews to be quite useless - very few people are actually reading them which result in paid review ROI being really low.
    You should never pay for reviews. Readers know which sites are being paid for reviews, and don't take those reviews seriously anyway.
    DoodleDudeDan likes this.
    03-13-2011 10:47 AM
    Never pay for reviews. Users ignore them, and your return-on-investment will not be met. Smaller sites have much smaller pageviews etcetera to justify paying for a review there.

Getting an app on 148apps is a good idea though.
    03-17-2011 06:40 AM
    i think better idea is to promote your app on twitter/facebook/message boards, as people above said its almost not posibble to be review by one of top sites... but sometimes you can find someones youtube channel where people for a promocode are makeing video reviews...
    03-21-2011 06:24 AM
    TouchArcade and SlideToPlay both belong on the shortlist if it's a game.

Getting any of these (or other) sites to review your app might not be the easiest task in the world. (Making the app might have been a walk-in-the-park comparatively). The world is flooded with apps every day and it's not easy to stand out in this crowd.

I actually signed up with this forum just because I wanted to post some info about my upcoming game SquidDrop.

To have any chance, make a stellar app, with stellar presentation. Then blog, tweet, post in fourms, make several YouTube videos, ask your friends to spread the word, send out press releases, and (if you can afford it) try to find some good channels for advertising. Then perhaps you get the attention you deserve/want.

Don't ask me for details though, so far I'm a poster-boy failure in this respect.
    03-25-2011 09:56 AM
    The trick is just to contact as many sites as possible, both the bigger and smaller ones and just hope that some of them will notice what you're doing and give you some coverage. It's really hard though, with the amount of apps being released nowadays it seems almost impossible to get coverage without a big marketing budget .
    03-27-2011 10:40 AM
    Alternative... start your own review site :P
    04-17-2011 03:58 PM
    @Nickfalk: I think your your tips sum it up quite nice
    04-23-2011 06:14 AM
    If you are looking for the website to intro your app in japan or china, PM me I might be
    able to help you ^_^
    04-25-2011 03:21 AM
    I also need review site for japan. can you also pm me? thx
    04-29-2011 09:43 AM
    Not to mention that it helps to talk about it in forums such as this one.
    Advertisement for free
    04-29-2011 10:12 AM
    Hello Everyone,

We run EcoAppsFree.com

Basically it is a marketing launchpad for green/eco iPhone and iPad apps, The idea is that a paid app is given away for free with us, for a limited period (usually 24hs).

We run the platform that push the eco app of the day into the direction at least of the AppStore top 50.*
    (We are aiming for apps going into the top10, with downloads over 20 000 daily units as the platform expands).

Then, when it goes back to paid-for, an app always:

- Gets a better position in the paid-for rankings than it had before,
    - Sells more than it previously did
    - Benefits from great word of mouth thanks to the thousands of users now using it
    - Enter new markets (specially in Asia and Europe)

Plus, there are other benefits depending on the app features:
    - Increase of in-app purchase if there is
    - Increase of sign-ups/account creation if there is
    Etc.

So if you have an app and you are thinking to promote it targeting eco-health-kids-outdoor-lovers conscious individuals think about placing your smart apps with us.

Below are some developers testimony about our services for your reference.

ecoappsfree.com/wow/

We are starting to program the May/Jun slots and we think you could benefit from our platform.

To decide which promotion level is right for your goals, follow the URL below:

ecoappsfree.com/choose-plan

Best Regards,

Flavio

EcoAppsFree.com*- Where greening the world goes mobile
    05-02-2011 03:00 AM
    Build social features into your app can help creating a community base around your game. Features like posting highscores on Facebook / Twitter are good ways of creating buzz.
    05-03-2011 08:53 PM
    try prmac.com
    05-06-2011 09:07 AM
    Here is some:

so, what do you suggest to promote an app? what do you think is the best way to sell more?

we have made an innovative game (Fotomemory search on itunes, i can't post links sorry), that is the first game of its kind... but until now (from a week ago) we have sold only 40 units!
    05-11-2011 03:27 PM
    I also need review site for japan. can you also pm me? thx
    i need it too
    05-11-2011 03:34 PM
    Let us make all the work for you. Many developers agree that working straight with interested people gives much more effect. We will send your app promo to 380+ contacts in our database. To know all the conditions visit ispreadnews.com.
    05-13-2011 08:43 AM
    We got a really positive review from appadvice.com. As an independent developer, it's tough to get noticed/reviewed, but if you've done your prep work and you're confident that you've got something unique and valuable to offer, then the best thing you can do for yourself is to be tenacious in your marketing. I'll second what others have said about using every channel available to you (sending requests/releases to all the review sites, tweeting, etc.), but I'll also add that you can't do it just once. Send additional review requests to the top sites when you've put out an update or if you've got a big update coming, and eventually your request will land on the right "desk" and someone will get back to you. Even if you don't get a review right away, you'll have a personal contact that you can develop a relationship with and eventually the work will pay off.
    05-14-2011 04:56 PM
    I'm hitting that same barrier right now. I've kind of exhausted my social net and they are not doing a good job of re-tweeting. I need to get more reviews in iTunes, that seems to be the key.

I've got a website, a YouTube game trailer, and the game has it's own FaceBook page. I've got to get a few more posts under by belt before I can post links.

If your like me as an Inde developer and you've already sprung money to Apple and in my case, I'm using Corona SDK to make my games, their license, the idea of paying for a review is an insult to me. I appreciate their desire to make money, but I have none to give yet.

I've contacted several of the sites above, but I think that's a good list to start with... Time to generate a few promo codes.
    05-23-2011 03:05 PM
    Among russian users important site the site iphones.ru.
    05-25-2011 12:49 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD