OpenFeint - Should I use it for my needs?

GuyZ

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I want to integrate Facebook connect (for user accounts enablement and for allowing people to post to their wall). I'm also considering a similar integration with Twitter.

I heard OpenFeint was designed to allow this along with a lot of others features (Their website states chat rooms, etc.. Not that important to me).

I wonder if there's any reason to prefer OpenFeint above the normal APIs Facebook and Twitter supply you with?

Thanks,
Guy

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I debated this same question awhile ago for one of the Apps I'm currently working on.

What I ended up doing was going with the direct integration to Twitter and Facebook using the APIs.

I think what swayed my decision was that Game Center came out (yep this was awhile ago). Before if you wanted Achievements/Leaderboards you had to use OpenFeint or some other service that packaged things together for you. But after GC...I just decided to put my trust in Apple for Leaderboards and Achievements (we'll see if this comes back to bite me, hehe).

AppsCyclone

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I debated this same question awhile ago for one of the Apps I'm currently working on.

What I ended up doing was going with the direct integration to Twitter and Facebook using the APIs.

I think what swayed my decision was that Game Center came out (yep this was awhile ago). Before if you wanted Achievements/Leaderboards you had to use OpenFeint or some other service that packaged things together for you. But after GC...I just decided to put my trust in Apple for Leaderboards and Achievements (we'll see if this comes back to bite me, hehe).

Same as me. If you no need OpenF features, there is no reason to bother customer by a popup at the beginning of the app. Working with FB and Twitter APIs is not difficult also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2