Dealing with beta firmware and production SDK?

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I hear lots of nice things about 4.1 beta 3, but never got around to installing it on my iPhone 4 because from previous experience, I need to use the beta SDK in order for it to talk to my device.

However, I'm also told that you cannot submit any binaries for the App Store that were created and compiled using the beta SDK.

So, I'm at a bit of a crossroads, or am I?

Can I put 4.1 beta 3 now on my iPhone 4, and still be able to use the production version of Xcode for 4.0, and still be able to communicate with my iPhone 4, and still submit apps to be released on the App Store? Can I have my cake and eat it, too?

If so, how? Please provide any steps in detail. Thanks in advance!

karrott

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You can't submit any apps that were compiled with Xcode 4. Application Loader will simply display an error and ask you to recompile using non-beta software. I don't see any reason why you can't install the beta on your device, there really isn't any way for iTunes to know which device you're testing on.

If you still want to develop with Xcode 4, just install it in a different location. Once you've finished working on the app, just go back to non-beta software to compile it for distribution. :)

msencenb

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
You should still be able to do it.

Make sure you set the target sdk to 4.0 and the base sdk to 3.0 (or however far back you want to support os versions)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox