iPhone 4 & MacBook Applications for Recording Screencasts?

Mickyfin

Jul 3, 2010
nokiadna.com
What are you guys use=ing to record screencasts? I wish to be able to view, and control my iPhone via my MacBook, displaying the iPhone display on my Mac, and being able to record in video form my processes for an upcoming Video guide.

When I used a Windows machine, and a Nokia, I used a combination of Camtasia, and Remote Professional.

If anyone could provide me with names/links to software which would enable me to do the same on my Macbook, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure about how to take a screencast FROM your iPhone, if there is an app, I'd love to know, we'd probably much prefer taking videos for app reviews, etc via that method than just w/ a video camera.

As far as from an actual mac to capture the mac desktop, I use quicktime. Just open quicktime, go to the quicktime menu and start screen recording. Works well...probably not what you were looking for but that's all I know. There are 3rd party apps you can pay for that will allow you to edit and shoot screencasts from a Mac but not from iPhones or iPods (as far as I know).

Reactions: Mickyfin

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh