Make money from a free app

richidirk

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
my application is the top 5 free application in my country (Switzerland) and in other countries too. I'm not a marketing expert, and this is my first app, so I was wondering: what would you do to make some profit from this application? Maybe make a "premium" 0.99$ version, and let this free, so that it remains in the charts, or simply change the price to 0.99$ ?
Please give me some hints, I don't want to loose this occasion ;)

Thanks in advance!
Ric

iMario

May 10, 2010
www.make-coffee.net
almost 40% of the customers of "pro" applications come from a free version.

What I would suggest you is to create a lite version of ur app with admob banners (or iAd as soon as it will be possibile) and a "Full" version at a fair price. Put a link somewhere on your free version to upgrade to the full app and you will not regret it ;)

Last edited:

msencenb

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
You might also look into an in-app purchase option.

Using in-app purchases allows you to upsell your users better. You can even use a third party service like urban airship to make it easier.

AvisNocturna

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I am the developer of TitanTower HD and I also made a lite version with iAds included. So far, iAd revenue is 1 US$ per day despite good downloads. But the lite version promoted the full version and that's why it is worth making a lite version.

FORTUNEX

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
iAds, App Purchase, the combination Lite and Full,...

In twitter there are nice information about this, i dont remember now the name, but its something like markenting app or mark your app

WordHooker

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I released a free version of an app which runs iAd banners on Dec 21st and it is averaging about $.30/day with only 400 downloads total so far. Does anyone know if it is possible to run full page ads automatically with iAds? Words With Chess runs a full page add after each move, but they use greystripe for these.

HuaxuCC

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Lite version and full version is the must do, and we put iAd in lite version only. In app purchase is definitely the next thing to learn.

Skyscanner

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
If you have a website, join the iTunes affiliate programme, and link to the App Store via your affiliate link.
You will get 5% commission from apps that that user buys - even though yours is free.
Its indirect revenue - but its revenue.
Go to either Tradedoubler or Commission Junction.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen