Hmm...

so i noticed when i synced all my stuff back onto 4.0 that an interesting album from iPhoto did not give me an error this time (that always has)...

I have an iPhoto album called "Videos" - it has a few 100 short clips from various sources, whether it be my old Bold 9000, my Nokia N95, and several other cell phones and digital camera. My iPhone has NEVER synced this album before as it always told me the format was wrong. Well I never bothered to re-encode all those videos to MP4s.. but magically, that album is sitting there, in my iPhone. And all the videos play perfectly fine.

I didn't go through all of them but I did play ones I knew to be from my N95 and other cameras that were not MP4 by default. So either it is now re-encoding it on the fly or there is more support. I haven't dug into the SDK any deeper yet to figure out what the case is. Wondering if anyone else experienced this as well?
    Last edited by Allyson Kazmucha; 04-09-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    04-09-2010 05:06 PM
    Even having an album just for videos makes sense!
    04-09-2010 05:57 PM
    Even having an album just for videos makes sense!
    That's what I did! I dumped all my videos from all my old phones and cameras into one event one day when I actually organized iPhoto (which I need to do again ) Then I made like an N95 pics event, etc...

I have over 3,000 pics that I sync to my phone and that isn't ALL of my iPhone library. Those are just pics from the last 2 years or so that I want on there. I keep them because when I try to minimize, someone asks me about a pic or I want to show someone and it's not there, so I gave up and just keep all the ones I THINK might be important.

But videos, I definitely wanted those for a LONG time, and I'm glad to see they WORK. If a new beta breaks that, I'll be devastated.
    04-09-2010 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD