iphone os 3.0 battery percent

garpunkal

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Usage
Show battery percentage:

Tap Usage and turn Battery Percentage on to display the percentage of battery charge next to the battery icon in the upper-right corner of iPhone (iPhone 3G S only).

from the apple site, learning how to use an iphone

boo

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hmm. $200 for a battery percent indicator. I'll have to think about that one. :D

Don't forget faster processor, more ram, double the capacity in storage, better camera, 7.2 HSDPA, better battery life, etc...

My how soon we forget... :cool:

Just because it looks the same doesn't mean it actually is. I think this calls for a special post on the front page to address everyone on the forums who thinks there are no major changes. :)

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
Don't forget faster processor, more ram, double the capacity in storage, better camera, 7.2 HSDPA, better battery life, etc...

My how soon we forget... :cool:

Just because it looks the same doesn't mean it actually is. I think this calls for a special post on the front page to address everyone on the forums who thinks there are no major changes. :)

Ya caught me, again. :eek:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
i'm not to fussed about the upgrade, yes its nice to have those features, but there is nothing revolutionary in the iPhone 3GS

I think it's simple. I get the feeling a lot of people expect way to much from Apple. They can't revolutionize the whole industry every single year. Yet most people expect they can. Would it be nice if they changed the look a bit, sure. Then you have to fork over more money for new cases and such. Would it be nice to have mulitasking, yes of course. But look at the Palm Pre - it does mulitask but try listening to music and have a bunch of apps open, the music will stall and skip. And that goes for any cell phone that can multitask. I think Apple is smart, why put something on the iPhone that is not perfected? Makes very little sense. When they can do it right, it will be done.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
I think it's simple. I get the feeling a lot of people expect way to much from Apple. They can't revolutionize the whole industry every single year. Yet most people expect they can. Would it be nice if they changed the look a bit, sure. Then you have to fork over more money for new cases and such. Would it be nice to have mulitasking, yes of course. But look at the Palm Pre - it does mulitask but try listening to music and have a bunch of apps open, the music will stall and skip. And that goes for any cell phone that can multitask. I think Apple is smart, why put something on the iPhone that is not perfected? Makes very little sense. When they can do it right, it will be done.

I need to stop reading your posts. Making me feel guilty for wanting to wait until December to upgrade to 3Gs. I think I can hold on. I think I can hold on...

RyzeHD

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Battery indicator only on 3GS? Then why do I have it on my normal 3G. I must have a superpowered iphone or something.

How do you have it? I also saw the 3GS review on engadget.com, and on their speed test comparison video between the 3G and 3GS, the 3G also has the battery percent icon... It's not that important to have but I wouldn't mind having it or at least having the option to turn it on/off.

shadowd7

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
If you wait,then next year you will have to pay the early upgrade price again, instead of the new contract price that everyone who bought 3G's on release date are getting the new 3GS's, get it now for the early upgrade price and next year when theres the new iphone of course, upgrade and get a new contract price....

as far as the changes in 3G to 3GS, to tell you the truth, I did upgrade, I dont use Voice memos (RARELY), Compass(sometimes for literally 2 secs lol), a lil more on the maps but still not that much, Battrey % is cool, but jailbreak can do that, Video camera tested once and thats it, auto focus helps but still rarely use it, Battery Life is WAYYYY better, phone is much much faster, when you click settings you dont even need to wait....Internet pages load faster, apps as well,

bottom line is it revolutionary....no, is it worth it compared to 3G, i Say yes

idiot_savant

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Say what you will, you will crack sooner rather than later. ;)

That is very true. I had a friend who finally switched from a sidekick to the 3gs. While I recently had the blackberry bold for 30 days because my 3g broke a few months back. And I told her "eh it's the same thing from last year no difference. 4 days after the release I found my self walking into the apple store and buying my 3rd iPhone, after hearing my aunt(super apple junkie) rant and rave about how much faster and better the 3gs is.

nickpav

May 2, 2009
Visit site
i switched from the 3g to the 3gs and i havent noticed any speed increase or anything. well yeah i have, but nothing to spend 200 for. its not noticable unless you compare them side by side. honestly to me its just a 3g with video and compass. thats about it. if i hadnt been forced (pushed in pool with 3g) to get the 3gs, i wouldnt have. its not that significant of an upgrade. thats just my 2cents though

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2