3.0 GM Seed available on Dev site

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Gold Master

I have installed it, MMS is gone, just like beta 5. I am about to try and downgrade my iTunes and see if I can use the custom ipcc file to get it back.

miggs21

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Just completed the upgrade to V3.0 GM on my normal every day iPhone.....all I can say is OUTSTANDING!!

Operating system is much smoother and faster in response with all applications. Everything worked perfectly - just did the upgrade and all of my existing date (email accounts, settings, music, etc...) where all there.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Just completed the upgrade to V3.0 GM on my normal every day iPhone.....all I can say is OUTSTANDING!!

Operating system is much smoother and faster in response with all applications. Everything worked perfectly - just did the upgrade and all of my existing date (email accounts, settings, music, etc...) where all there.

Sweet deal, will install after work tonight.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
If you have AT&T and the custom ipcc file and you update, you can keep mms, if you want to restore and jump through hoops...you can get it working also. Otherwise no mms for you until AT&T says you can.

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get the battery percentage to work? I can't find the option to enable it in the menus. Maybe it's not enabled yet?

EDIT: I just saw that the iPhone 3G will NOT have the battery percentage available. Only the 3G S. I was really hoping for that feature :(

Last edited:

seaborn

Feb 26, 2009
Visit site
Also if you are a Canadian Rogers customer. MMS is now working without any work arounds. Pops right in messages and sending/receiving worked great for me after install. =)

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Shutter - what is the custom ipcc file? and where and how can you install it to activate MMS?

thanks

I restored to the GM seed, cause I wanted a clean install. These are the steps I used to get my mms options back.

Ok this is assuming you are using the official iTunes 8.2 and windows. I think a mac would be similar but don't have one so can't be sure.

1) install GM seed on iPhone.
2) restore from back up or set up as new
3) uninstall official 8.2
4) uninstall apple mobile device support
5) install iTunes 8.2 tha shipped with beta 4
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
itunessetupwindows.zip
6) move your iTunes library file (itunes.itl) to a different location if it was updated with the official 8.2
7) open iTunes
8) update your ipcc file with this one
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Update the same way you do the ipsw just change the file type to ipcc and navigate to the file
9) restart your phone and the mms options should be there
10) uninstall beta 4 iTunes 8.2
11) uninstall apple mobile device support
12) reinstall official 8.2 and replace the empty iTunes.itl with the one you moved. You should be good to go, provided your account is provisioned for mms.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Works like a charm... I didn't have to install the other iTunes. Maybe because I never upgraded to the official... not sure.

Edit: I did step 8-9 only.

Asher Rainey

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
Here is my stupid question, would there be any harm in doing a restore next week on the 17th to ensure I get the final version, would Apple have any way of knowing I downloaded a version that isn't "official!"

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
No harm in it I don't think. I am planning on getting the official version next week, unless apple emails me telling me I already have it.

Asher Rainey

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
I read on giz some people have had trouble with the camera app disappearing and/or visual voicemail going away?!

Anyone tried downgrading back to 2.2.1 just to see what happens?!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl