MMS Alert

djjosh16511

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I got it around noon today.

It said something along the line of In order for MMS to work you will have to insert your number and when you hit okay (only option) you were taken to Settings-Phone.

I haven't tried MMS, I just thought of it as a bug, maybe AT&T opened something today?

I am on 3.0 beta 5, and do have the carrier files updated. I don't know how but on iTunes I could right click and install them. Under Settings-General-About my Carrier says AT&T 5.0. I think I used an older version of iTunes when I reformatted my computer last week. I don't honestly know, but I'm not complaining.

I'll try MMS here when my phone charges up.

Update - Nope, MMS didn't work when I tried sending a picture to my Verizon buddy.

Last edited:

amrusch2

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No fake. I didn't get a screenie...I was too excited about it to take one. I have the updated carrier file and it took me to the Network Data Network page. I entered my phone number there in the MMS username field but no functionality. Anyone have any ideas?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
After reading this yesterday, I tried to send an MMS and it failed, actually several failed. After resetting network settings, it began working again. Might just have needed to reboot to have something pushed to my phone...not sure. At any rate, the delivery of MMS seems to be much faster after resetting yesterday, so maybe there is something to it.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Yes I am using the updated carrier file. I did not input any settings, my mms was working prior to the 3.0 betas with swirlymms. Once I started using 3.0 mms has worked from day one.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm starting to find this "text message" to be a bit suspect as I have not found any other information regarding it anywhere... as far as the carrier file stuff, I'd avoid that. Heard bad things could happen... Have some patience, it's coming - legit.

amrusch2

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It wasn't an actual "text message". It was a pop-up alert from AT&T, but it didn't show up in the text message interface...

It's okay if you don't want to believe us, but there are a few of us who got it and we haven't made things up before in these forums.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It wasn't an actual "text message". It was a pop-up alert from AT&T, but it didn't show up in the text message interface...

It's okay if you don't want to believe us, but there are a few of us who got it and we haven't made things up before in these forums.

I'm not attacking you in any way, it's just weird no one else has said anything about this. And when you say pop up what do you mean?

amrusch2

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I found this screenshot in another forum here:
Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone - Page 19
It was more like a push notification from AT&T...
photo.jpg

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
as far as the carrier file stuff, I'd avoid that. Heard bad things could happen...

Good advice but I have used the updated ipcc file on almost each and every one of the betas (beta 1 and beta 5 to actually enable mms features...betas 2, 3 and 4 just to see if it worked) and haven't had any bad experiences.