I noticed in OS 3.0 beta 5, that the "Never" option for Auto-Lock is no longer available. Not sure when that cropped up. I'm pretty sure it was still there in beta 3, but I don't think I checked with beta 4. This is on an original iPhone (not 3G). Anyone else seeing the same thing?

I'm bummed about this, because I like to leave my device on "Never" when it's in the dock. Really I'd like to have 2 settings: 1 for AC power and 1 for battery power like Windows Mobile devices have.
    05-08-2009 10:51 AM
    I have the "never" option on mine... weird. (On beta 5)
    05-08-2009 10:55 AM
    That's pretty odd that they would remove the never lock option....I wonder if that was done on purpose or this is just a mistake that happened when something else was changed/added?

Its even more odd that Bad Ash still has it and you don't.
    05-08-2009 11:05 AM
    I wonder if it's the difference between restoring and updating to beta 5 (or recovering from a previous backup)? I restored my phone to beta 5 and just did all the settings from scratch without recovering from a saved backup.

Could just be one of those things. Maybe if I restored it again it would come back.
    05-08-2009 11:18 AM
    I wonder if it's the difference between restoring and updating to beta 5 (or recovering from a previous backup)? I restored my phone to beta 5 and just did all the settings from scratch without recovering from a saved backup.

Could just be one of those things. Maybe if I restored it again it would come back.
    Nope, I started as a new iPhone as well, and it's there.
    05-08-2009 11:54 AM
    This began for me with iPhone 3.0 beta 4. The weird part is it suddenly happened because it was definitely there when I first loaded beta 4. I used this all the time and wish I could figure out a solution.
    05-08-2009 08:16 PM
    This began for me with iPhone 3.0 beta 4. The weird part is it suddenly happened because it was definitely there when I first loaded beta 4. I used this all the time and wish I could figure out a solution.
    Have you tried restoring beta 5 again?
    05-09-2009 09:48 AM
    It's still there for me. I restored as new phone.
    05-09-2009 11:52 AM
    Tried restoring too. Not coming back.
    05-09-2009 02:15 PM
    Anyone know if this is happening because I am syncing with exchange server?
    06-15-2009 04:29 PM
    Anyone know if this is happening because I am syncing with exchange server?
    I have it and I sync with exchange
    06-15-2009 04:31 PM
    Could be. I have it, and I sync with Exchange.
    I restored to beta 5 a 2nd time a while back, and I remember seeing the Never option at first. Then a bit later it was gone (which would have been after I configured the Exchange sync). I restored to the GM and still have this issue (but didn't think to check the settings before configuring Exchange).

UPDATE: Yes, I believe that's it. If I just turn off the Exchange sync (I don't even have to delete the account, just turn off the sync so that it's "inactive"), then the Never option immediately reappears (no need to even restart the device).
    Last edited by Dyvim; 06-15-2009 at 04:38 PM.
    06-15-2009 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD