Auto-Lock Never option removed?

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
I noticed in OS 3.0 beta 5, that the "Never" option for Auto-Lock is no longer available. Not sure when that cropped up. I'm pretty sure it was still there in beta 3, but I don't think I checked with beta 4. This is on an original iPhone (not 3G). Anyone else seeing the same thing?

I'm bummed about this, because I like to leave my device on "Never" when it's in the dock. Really I'd like to have 2 settings: 1 for AC power and 1 for battery power like Windows Mobile devices have.

Snowman81

Feb 13, 2007
Visit site
That's pretty odd that they would remove the never lock option....I wonder if that was done on purpose or this is just a mistake that happened when something else was changed/added?

Its even more odd that Bad Ash still has it and you don't.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
I wonder if it's the difference between restoring and updating to beta 5 (or recovering from a previous backup)? I restored my phone to beta 5 and just did all the settings from scratch without recovering from a saved backup.

Could just be one of those things. Maybe if I restored it again it would come back.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I wonder if it's the difference between restoring and updating to beta 5 (or recovering from a previous backup)? I restored my phone to beta 5 and just did all the settings from scratch without recovering from a saved backup.

Could just be one of those things. Maybe if I restored it again it would come back.

Nope, I started as a new iPhone as well, and it's there.

cvbesq

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Same problem

This began for me with iPhone 3.0 beta 4. The weird part is it suddenly happened because it was definitely there when I first loaded beta 4. I used this all the time and wish I could figure out a solution.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
This began for me with iPhone 3.0 beta 4. The weird part is it suddenly happened because it was definitely there when I first loaded beta 4. I used this all the time and wish I could figure out a solution.

Have you tried restoring beta 5 again?

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Could be. I have it, and I sync with Exchange.
I restored to beta 5 a 2nd time a while back, and I remember seeing the Never option at first. Then a bit later it was gone (which would have been after I configured the Exchange sync). I restored to the GM and still have this issue (but didn't think to check the settings before configuring Exchange).

UPDATE: Yes, I believe that's it. If I just turn off the Exchange sync (I don't even have to delete the account, just turn off the sync so that it's "inactive"), then the Never option immediately reappears (no need to even restart the device).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73