Beta 5 is out! (Discuss here)

amrusch2

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Can you downgrade to the previous iTunes beta? It is the new iTunes, not the new iPhone software the disallows the carrier file changing.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
That's another thing...I cannot update my carrier settings any more. shift + update will only recognize ipsw files for me now, when I click the dropdown all I get is the ipsw option, no option for ipcc.

You're not the first person who I've heard this from.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
windows. I downgraded iTunes back to the first prerelease and the ipcc file doesn't help. still no camera icon and no toggle for mms in the messaging settings.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Well, you can get it back. The previous version of iTunes 8.2 will load beta 5 and you can install the ipcc file you need with it. Easiest way to keep mms is to make sure the updated ipcc file is already on your phone and then update to beta 5 via "shift + update". I ended up restore from a back up of beta three and then applying the ipcc update, reset my phone and I got it back.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Updated and then had the Data error problem..

had to restore back to beta 4 after trying 5 one more time

doing this as I speak.. crossing my fingers it puts everything back to working condition

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Now it won't let me restore back to Beta 4.. I keep getting the unknown error 1015..

edit.. spent an hour trying different things to get it to let me go back to Beta 4 and it still wouldn't work

so I had to go back to 5 and deal with the no data problem.. not sure what I'm gonna do

Last edited:

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
You cannot downgrade from one beta to the next cause we get a new baseband with each beta. error 1015 means it could not update the baseband.

If your a dev there is a number to call to get your data services back. If your not a dev.....you can probably downgrade back to 2.2.1.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Known Issues
? A small set of AT&T customers may experience data services that stop working
after installing iPhone OS 3.0 beta 5 on a device. If you experience this problem
with a device that worked properly before the beta 5 update, please call the
developer support line at 1-800-633-2152 for help restoring data services.

III NIKON III

May 7, 2009
Visit site
If you restore back you need iRestore to kit start it after 1015 error but you will need to do it every time you reboot unless you use a jailbreak version

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I will be skipping this update... how long do I have with beta 4 until it expires? One of my co-workers that I updated to beta3 still has her phone up and going, no issues.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I will be skipping this update... how long do I have with beta 4 until it expires? One of my co-workers that I updated to beta3 still has her phone up and going, no issues.

I'm thinking of holding off on this one as well. Since they were doing it every 2 weeks before and I assume they give themselves some breathing room I'm guessing around 3 weeks, so hopefully a couple weeks left.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Known Issues
after installing iPhone OS 3.0 beta 5 on a device. If you experience this problem

While I didn't have issues with data, I know someone who is on my account and I just called them and they acted like they were clueless and pointing the finger at AT&T... they took my info and someone from AT&T (she thought) would contact me back.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Known Issues

Called that number..

all they did was take down my info and send someone would eventually get back to me when they had came up with a solution.. :(

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW