Beta 5 is out! (Discuss here)

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
MMS is removed!!!

You know, I just don't get it. I was able to send mms, even though I only used it with a couple of people that didn't get email on their phones, using my BB Curve. I was an AT&T customer. Why would they block it with the iPhone? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
So what date would you guys expect Beta 4 to expire? I'm running Beta 4 right now and I want to update the firmware or go back to 2.2.1 before it expires.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
You know, I just don't get it. I was able to send mms, even though I only used it with a couple of people that didn't get email on their phones, using my BB Curve. I was an AT&T customer. Why would they block it with the iPhone? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

It's blocked because the iPhone software currently doesn't support it. When 3.0 is officially released, we will have MMS.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Well Apple was quick to get back to me with a solution to the data problem.

The woman said they had to speak to AT&T about the problem and the solution was..

1) turn off the phone
2) turn it back on
3) turn WiFi off
4) then try something that uses data

it worked.. thankfully.. was going crazy with not being able to do anything that used data..

Ghecko

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
It's blocked because the iPhone software currently doesn't support it. When 3.0 is officially released, we will have MMS.

I can see why, becuase other people not on beta might not see the photo IE

I send a picture of a beach to my 2.2.1 3G from my beta phone.

It would show up as nothing so no point in having it in there.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Are you sure? This thread just mentioned that Beta 5 blocked mms but it was available in Beta 4.

That's because AT&T never enabled MMS for beta users. Sure the button to add a picture to a text message was in beta 4, but the message couldn't be sent. I'm sure AT&T got sick of all the phone calls from devs asking to have MMS enabled and asked Apple to just remove it from beta.

It will most definitely be there in the final release.

MrAwesome

May 8, 2009
Visit site
I have a problem with my 1st Gen iPhone, each time I try to restore to beta 5 i got an error 1012 at the end and then the iphone goes to DFU mode. Any idea?
(I have the new iTunes)

worldofviolets

May 9, 2009
Visit site
It worked!! I am unbricked!

You need to download the 3.0 b4 file and make sure you have iTunes 8.2 beta and it should work.

Apparantly from there, you can then install the 3.0 b5 successfully but I don't think I'll risk it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
will beta 5 last until the official 3.0 release? I want to install GM, but I am worried about the disclaimer stating I may be locked out of the official 3.0 release.

What do you think?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
The disclaimer says it cannot be restored to earlier software versions, same as it has always said. No problem going ahead.