Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I have read that users on a family plan have better luck with the mms on 3.0
is this true? My dad wants a cell phone and this is what we are looking into

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
What exactly are you looking for as far as MMS?

It's tough to say anything really about MMS since only those who have developer accounts have the ability, even though AT&T doesn't have MMS support enabled yet.

djjosh16511

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I am on a dev account and 3.0, however just on the standard iPhone plan. (Unlimited texting), I am considering switching and adding my iPhone to a family plan. The Family plan offers MMS, which the iPhone plan does not. I was wondering if this would fix my ability to send MMS

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I am on a dev account and 3.0, however just on the standard iPhone plan. (Unlimited texting), I am considering switching and adding my iPhone to a family plan. The Family plan offers MMS, which the iPhone plan does not. I was wondering if this would fix my ability to send MMS

Not necessarily for some it works and for some it doesn't, there seems to be no common denominator. MMS works for me on my family unlimited texting, but there are others on the same plan where it doesn't work at all. It will work for everyone when the software goes live.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
No go for me. I have a family plan for two iPhones. I never get the you got a picture message SMS, so I think it's b/c I didn't install the hacked carrier file.

ddulaney14#IM

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
MMS and Family Plan

I am on a family plan and my MMS works perfectly! There are times that I will get an error symbol, but I simply hit resend and poof, it works! I love it, MMS on the iPhone is terrific!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
It's in the back end. You need 'wap push enabled' as well as the messaging package (not text package). Only way to get this done is to "use another device" and call tech and let them know. ;)

P.S. not customer service, but tech ones; they've already been trained not to add it. You need a valid IMEI.