Beta 4 to Drop Tuesday, April 28th

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
You really can't expect anything more than bug fixes at this point. More than likely you will not see anymore features added until new hardware comes.

Yeah, probably holding back stuff from beta that is only available on 3rd gen iPhone since you couldn't use it on the current phone anyway. This would prevent the dev hackers that can crack the DMG files and find the hidden stuff.

Satanic Goat

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Anyone got Beta 4 installed on a Windows XP PC?

I am a registered developer using a PC (with an iMac on the way), that is currently trying to install Beta 4. It passes the new verfication with apple process at the start and installs right up to the last bit of the bar on iphone, then just sits at the verifing iphone restore for eternity. I have 8.2 installed and have tried with the same result 4 times.

It restores back to Beta 3 without a problem, but can't get 4 on the iPhone.
Any ideas???

Am expecting my first Mac (in the next week or so, just waiting a delivery email from apple), and if can't install using the PC as have done with earlier Betas, am hoping the iMac turns up before Beta 3 expires.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
How did you do the install? After extracting the beta from the DMG I do the control click update and select the file. Did you do a update or restore? If you did the restore, I would just try doing the update way.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
How did you do the install? After extracting the beta from the DMG I do the control click update and select the file. Did you do a update or restore? If you did the restore, I would just try doing the update way.

I chose update.

Satanic Goat

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site

Tried both Dizzy, it still just sits at verifying restore, tried by wireless and cable router and still nothing. Strange. I can however put Beta 3 back on with no problems

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
That's strange. Could just be something with XP and iTunes 8.2 not working right, although that's hard to believe since it works on Vista.

I have a few things that probably won't work, but if you have the time might be worth trying:
- Download iTunes 8.2 again and uninstall / reinstall
- Download the firmware again and unpack the ipsw from the dmg
- Try the update again

Also, have you tried doing a restore to beta 4 as a new phone? You could see if this works and then after manually restore a backup to your phone, but keep in mind that you possibly could lose all your settings before trying this.

Satanic Goat

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Must have been a PC problem as restored the pc to factory settings updated XP with SP3 again ran iTunes again and it worked first time. Weird!!!! Glad the iMac is on it's way

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Some problems I'm having..

Slacker radio stops when screen goes dark

I<3Radio app won't even work

BeeJive crashes on me every single time I try to use it

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics