Warning: Hidden Trademark Issues

mistermann

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Here is a bit of bad luck we ran into with our Application...

We built a game that was inspired by the classic milton bradley game crossfire. We didn't want to run into any trademark issues so we called it Ricochet... The game turned out really good, and we were really happy until we received a cease and desist notice of our use of the name Ricochet.

Turns out there is a company who owns the trademark for ricochet. Our game is not like theirs, but the law is the law, and as for now we are going to have to change the name.

Any Advice or support in our current issue would be greatly appreciated.

Learn more about our game in the app store, or at 2playeriGames.com

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Xfire is already taken as a type of multiplayer online game client that allows you to find friends playing Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. I doubt they would care if you also used to the name, but it may cause some consumer end confusion?

I unfortunately don't have any clever suggestions for you. Although I do like the Xfire idea regardless of the name already being in use elsewhere.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I doubt you could use Xfire, I think that small project got bought out by some big guys that likely have lawyers on retainer.

Yeah, Xfire is far from a "small project" at this point, I don't know too many hardcore computer gamers that don't use it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox