Stereo Bluetooth

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Since I am still on 2.2.1 I have no way of testing it, but I'm very interested in the stereo bluetooth capabilities of 3.0. I use my iPhone as my iPod while snowboarding and when stereo bluetooth becomes available to me (in plenty of time for next winter) I would really like to use it to listen to my beats while snowboarding without having to run a cord under my jacket. Have any of you really done any testing of music via bluetooth yet? And if you have any recommendations for a good set of bluetooth headphones to invest in for my snowboarding delight?

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Do you mean it is constantly choppy when you are outside? As I said, I intend to use it while I am snowboarding, which is obviously an outdoor activity. The choppiness while using the phone won't bother me, since I just need it to run smoothly while I'm riding, which I generally have playlists preset for so I won't need to be touching or using the phone while I'm riding, just keep it safely tucked in my inside pocket.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Actually, I will need to do a "second impressions" update to that post becuase this is choppiness that makes it unusable when outside. This isn't choppiness due to lag in the iPhone, but more just like the signal isn't strong enough and is getting interference. Basically I wanted to use it for jogging and it works when I run with the phone held up close to my head, but when I put the phone in my pocket it starts cutting out.

In beta 3 it seems to cut out a bit less, but it still cuts out. Actually, before when outside it would start cutting out while just walking or standing still. Now it works fine outside if I move slowly, but as soon as I start to jog it cuts out again. So I have confidence that by the time the final beta is released the A2DP will be working well.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Is there any AVRCP support? i.e. can you do play\pause\prev\next from your BT stereo headset (assuming you have one with those controls)?

TIA

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73