Hi everyone,

I have done about 50 RIM BlackBerry OS 4.5, 4.6, and 4.7 betas, and by and large, they always worked better than the "official" ones. I could always downgrade if one didn't work so well.

Is this true for the iPhone 3G as well? If I take the plunge and install 3.0 beta 1, would I be able to return to 2.2.1, or is this a one-way flight?

Thanks!!
    03-28-2009 01:58 AM
    I rolled back to 2.2.1, and I know Badash did as well, although I think he experienced problems with data connectivity after rolling back. Personally I have had no connectivity issues after rolling back.

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...k-2-2-1-a.html
    03-28-2009 08:47 AM
    One thing to keep in mind...if you have not had your UDID registered with apple as a developer or one of their beta testers, your phone will not work after updating to 3.0. So if you do try, make sure you have your phone registered.
    03-28-2009 09:16 AM
    I've also downgraded back to 2.2.1 and have the probably common data connectivity issues.
    03-28-2009 09:55 AM
    I've also downgraded back to 2.2.1 and have the probably common data connectivity issues.
    I went back to 3.0 to see if I could recreate the no data issue and I can't. All is well. So with that being said it is for sure a issue with 3.0's baseband being on 2.2.1.
    03-28-2009 11:30 AM
    Again, 3.0 is a *real* beta. Meant for developers and testers. Not a prime time release. No way I'd recommend anyone using it day-to-day on primary phone.
    03-28-2009 07:30 PM
    Thanks guys. I appreciate what I perceive to be "stay away from 3.0", at least for now.
    03-30-2009 07:51 AM
    I went back to 3.0 to see if I could recreate the no data issue and I can't. All is well. So with that being said it is for sure a issue with 3.0's baseband being on 2.2.1.
    After rolling back to 2.2.1 did you try turning 3G off and seeing what happened with your connection? I live in an area with no 3G service, so I turn it off to conserve battery life, but even if I turned it on before I would have service. Not anymore, I am going to an area tomorrow that has good 3G service, so I turned it on tonight, so I wouldn't forget tomorrow, and I get "Searching" and "No Service". As soon as I turn it off again I get full bars of Edge.
    03-30-2009 09:35 PM
    After rolling back to 2.2.1 did you try turning 3G off and seeing what happened with your connection? I live in an area with no 3G service, so I turn it off to conserve battery life, but even if I turned it on before I would have service. Not anymore, I am going to an area tomorrow that has good 3G service, so I turned it on tonight, so I wouldn't forget tomorrow, and I get "Searching" and "No Service". As soon as I turn it off again I get full bars of Edge.
    Yeah, EDGE and 3G worked fine. It's funny how different people can have totally different issues on the same beta.
    04-01-2009 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD