Last year it was released on March 28th I believe... wonder if the 3.0 beta will drop that soon as well. (With a lot of bug fixes)

Thoughts?
    03-21-2009 11:16 AM
    Hopefully it will be out soon. Lots of little bugs to be fixed.
    03-21-2009 11:28 AM
    I want them to fix the MMS button, everytime i try and take a new photo it just cancels and goes back to blank message, if i add one i've already taken it works fine?!
    03-21-2009 11:43 AM
    Last year it was released on March 28th I believe... wonder if the 3.0 beta will drop that soon as well. (With a lot of bug fixes)

Thoughts?
    We can dream
    03-21-2009 02:28 PM
    It's a closed beta. Non-devs aren't supposed to have it. Devs are supposed to use it to compile for the new version, and report RADAR bugs to Apple.

Next version could fix some glitches but have whole new ones.

My guess is 3.0 Beta X will aggravate anyone who's trying to use it as a primary phone OS until "summer", and even then, everyone remembers 2.0 wasn't super-slick even in final release.

03-21-2009 08:07 PM
    Apple tends to stay in time schedules that they have previously used... and see how it works out.
    03-23-2009 10:15 AM
    It's a closed beta. Non-devs aren't supposed to have it. Devs are supposed to use it to compile for the new version, and report RADAR bugs to Apple.

Next version could fix some glitches but have whole new ones.

My guess is 3.0 Beta X will aggravate anyone who's trying to use it as a primary phone OS until "summer", and even then, everyone remembers 2.0 wasn't super-slick even in final release.

While I agree with you, I'd like to think Apple has learned their lesson from 2.0 and bugs. So... only time will tell.
    03-23-2009 10:17 AM
    According to Appleinsider Beta 2 is due out anytime now and will include push notifications working via Apple servers. Although won't do us much good since we don't have the apps yet but we can hope for some bug fixes and possibly working MMS. But I wouldn't hold my breath for MMS.
    03-26-2009 09:36 AM
    According to Appleinsider Beta 2 is due out anytime now and will include push notifications working via Apple servers. Although won't do us much good since we don't have the apps yet but we can hope for some bug fixes and possibly working MMS. But I wouldn't hold my breath for MMS.
    Where did you read this?
    03-26-2009 10:20 AM
    Where did you read this?
    It was a little blurb at the end of a unrelated story on Appleinsider.

In somewhat related news, company engineers are also racing to deliver a new build of iPhone Software 3.0 to iPhone and iPod touch developers. One of the big features destined for this build is said to be live support for Push Notifications through Apple's servers, which is currently undergoing some final internal tests.
    03-26-2009 10:25 AM
    Well it depends on how many people beta it and report bugs the more people who beta and report bugs that faster apple can wash them out and fix the problem.
    03-27-2009 09:42 AM
    I just don't get how the introduce bugs on areas that haven't been touched? I'm thinking some of this might just be debug code running and causing slow downs and if they just compiled the same exact code without that stuff it would run better.
    03-27-2009 10:42 AM
    Any word on if the 2nd beta has been released yet?
    03-30-2009 02:12 PM
    Any word on if the 2nd beta has been released yet?
    I've heard soon, but take that with a grain of salt. I'd think sooner rather than later.
    03-30-2009 06:38 PM
    Beta 2 is out today.
    03-31-2009 06:05 PM
    I've heard soon, but take that with a grain of salt. I'd think sooner rather than later.
    Can you also pass the pepper?
    03-31-2009 06:16 PM
    Can you also pass the pepper?
    What can I say...
    03-31-2009 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD