Well I got the "we'll be back" post it, but now it won't load at all. I'm guessing they posted it and all 50k devs are downloading this right now.

Anyone get it yet?
    03-17-2009 03:46 PM
    can someone please download the beta (then maybe compress it) and upload it to mega upload or rapid share or something like that because I REALLY want it and I don't have the $100 to become an elite developer.

Please I need you!!!
    if
    Wouldn't that be illegal?
    03-17-2009 11:20 PM
    Wouldn't that be illegal?
    Yeah, at the least in violation of Apple's terms. Plus you need to setup your phone through the developer website to be a test device before being able to install it.
    03-18-2009 01:59 AM
    Anyone using 3.0 yet? I downloaded it today from the Dev Center. It seems once you load it to your device, you can not downgrade. So I am a little worried since I only have one iPhone. I want to make sure the OS is usable.
    03-18-2009 10:59 AM
    Dooks, I installed it from the old Xcode (SDK 2.2) and don't see anyway to restore to 2.2 or 2.2.1, I'm upgrading the to the new 3.0 SDK and will let you know if I get any more options to downgrade, but I have a feeling I'm stuck on 3.0 now.

So far 3.0 works pretty good, there are random slow downs in different areas, like checking email, but doing a restart fixes it up.
    03-18-2009 11:20 AM
    Dooks, I installed it from the old Xcode (SDK 2.2) and don't see anyway to restore to 2.2 or 2.2.1, I'm upgrading the to the new 3.0 SDK and will let you know if I get any more options to downgrade, but I have a feeling I'm stuck on 3.0 now.

So far 3.0 works pretty good, there are random slow downs in different areas, like checking email, but doing a restart fixes it up.
    Apple states in the documentation that once you upgrade, you are "locked" to 3.0. As long as the OS is usable, I will be upgrading shortly. I just can't afford to have major issues since this is my business phone.
    03-18-2009 11:24 AM
    Apple states in the documentation that once you upgrade, you are "locked" to 3.0. As long as the OS is usable, I will be upgrading shortly. I just can't afford to have major issues since this is my business phone.
    Same here. It works fine and doesn't have any big problems so I would go ahead. I do have some old crap phone that I can stick my SIM card in if I get into a jam, but don't think that will be necessary.

On another note MMS is not functioning yet...although I don't really care, I just wanted to test it to test it. ATT must have the iPhone plans in a special group and it converts your MMS server side to the SMS viewmypics alert. So until they can set it up to just send it to the phone as normal it won't work.
    03-18-2009 11:53 AM
    Just updated it. Pretty nice so far. loving the landscape keyboard.
    03-18-2009 02:21 PM
    I torrented the firmware update and I didn't realize you had to have a dev account to activate it. Now i cant downgrade back to 2.2

My phone is now completely useless...
    can some one with a dev account please authorize my phone
    PLEASE!!!!
    03-18-2009 04:57 PM
    I torrented the firmware update and I didn't realize you had to have a dev account to activate it. Now i cant downgrade back to 2.2

My phone is now completely useless...
    can some one with a dev account please authorize my phone
    PLEASE!!!!
    2 bits:

1. please don't cross post your question in multiple forums
    2. please don't request warez or other illegal things (i.e. dev authorization for a torrented / warez file).
    03-18-2009 05:33 PM
    im new to the whole forums thing and i didnt mean to be annoying i just didnt know how obnoxious it is to crosspost. i am just really anxious to get my phone fixed because i use it for my business and im losing a ton of money today because dont have it
    03-18-2009 05:45 PM
    im new to the whole forums thing and i didnt mean to be annoying i just didnt know how obnoxious it is to crosspost. i am just really anxious to get my phone fixed because i use it for my business and im losing a ton of money today because dont have it
    Check your PM.
    03-18-2009 06:28 PM
    I don't know any devs, and my phone is a brick, I had read that you could use the phone just not sync, apparently that was wrong, and now I am out my phone. Any ideas how to get ahold of a dev so I can activate my phone? I really appreciate anyone who can help me.
    03-18-2009 06:59 PM
    For those of you that F'd up, you can try loading the old firmware the same way you did the beta in Xcode.

The old file is on your computer, just search for "iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw"

I don't know if this will work, but it's the best I got. Good Luck.
    03-18-2009 07:20 PM
    I have tried a few times to no avail, either through xcode or itunes. Guess ill just keep trying to find a nice dev that can help me.
    03-18-2009 07:22 PM
    For those of you that F'd up, you can try loading the old firmware the same way you did the beta in Xcode.

The old file is on your computer, just search for "iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw"

I don't know if this will work, but it's the best I got. Good Luck.
    From what I have seen, there is no way to go back. At least none yet.
    03-18-2009 07:50 PM
    That sucks for everyone who bricked their phone.

As far as 3.0 goes, it's pretty buggy. Facebook and beejive don't work right. Also, my wifi won't work.
    03-18-2009 07:55 PM
    That sucks for everyone who bricked their phone.

As far as 3.0 goes, it's pretty buggy. Facebook and beejive don't work right. Also, my wifi won't work.
    Very buggy to say the least. So buggy that I have shelved my iPhone and brought out the Bold to save me until the next beta release. And yes Beejive is extremely fubar'd in 3.0.

Too bad I can't go back, I would in a heart beat.
    03-18-2009 07:57 PM
    yep theres something in the agreement that says your "locked in" to 3.0 once you upgrade
    03-18-2009 11:00 PM
    To anyone asking how to download the 3.0 software - if you want it that way become a developer and pay for it.

Any other way to get it you are asking to brick your phone and your post will be deleted with a possible ban.

Thank you.
    03-19-2009 10:02 AM
    To anyone asking how to download the 3.0 software - if you want it that way become a developer and pay for it.

Any other way to get it you are asking to brick your phone and your post will be deleted with a possible ban.

Thank you.

Second! and seriously just whip out 100 dollars and pay it... lets put it this way. Whip out 100 and get thrown in jail... Becuase apple will not joke around when it comes to 3.0 getting leaked for people to download
    03-19-2009 10:08 AM
    From what I have seen, there is no way to go back. At least none yet.
    My how things change... Downgrade 3.0 to 2.2.1.
    03-19-2009 11:11 AM
    I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh at the people who stole the 3.0 software and are freaking out about losing money because their phone is broken.
    03-19-2009 12:48 PM
    I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh at the people who stole the 3.0 software and are freaking out about losing money because their phone is broken.
    especially since there have been so many warnings against doing this
    03-19-2009 09:24 PM
    Hi, if anyone fancies trying out 3.0, drop me an Private Message, I have a friend who can add you to his dev account and let you use the download.

Marc
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 03-20-2009 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Contact Information
    03-20-2009 06:09 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD