iPhone 3.0 download

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Well I got the "we'll be back" post it, but now it won't load at all. I'm guessing they posted it and all 50k devs are downloading this right now.

Anyone get it yet?

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Anyone using 3.0 yet? I downloaded it today from the Dev Center. It seems once you load it to your device, you can not downgrade. So I am a little worried since I only have one iPhone. I want to make sure the OS is usable.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Dooks, I installed it from the old Xcode (SDK 2.2) and don't see anyway to restore to 2.2 or 2.2.1, I'm upgrading the to the new 3.0 SDK and will let you know if I get any more options to downgrade, but I have a feeling I'm stuck on 3.0 now.

So far 3.0 works pretty good, there are random slow downs in different areas, like checking email, but doing a restart fixes it up.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Dooks, I installed it from the old Xcode (SDK 2.2) and don't see anyway to restore to 2.2 or 2.2.1, I'm upgrading the to the new 3.0 SDK and will let you know if I get any more options to downgrade, but I have a feeling I'm stuck on 3.0 now.

So far 3.0 works pretty good, there are random slow downs in different areas, like checking email, but doing a restart fixes it up.

Apple states in the documentation that once you upgrade, you are "locked" to 3.0. As long as the OS is usable, I will be upgrading shortly. I just can't afford to have major issues since this is my business phone.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Apple states in the documentation that once you upgrade, you are "locked" to 3.0. As long as the OS is usable, I will be upgrading shortly. I just can't afford to have major issues since this is my business phone.

Same here. It works fine and doesn't have any big problems so I would go ahead. I do have some old crap phone that I can stick my SIM card in if I get into a jam, but don't think that will be necessary.

On another note MMS is not functioning yet...although I don't really care, I just wanted to test it to test it. ATT must have the iPhone plans in a special group and it converts your MMS server side to the SMS viewmypics alert. So until they can set it up to just send it to the phone as normal it won't work.

iPhone 3.0!!!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Crap!!!

I torrented the firmware update and I didn't realize you had to have a dev account to activate it. Now i cant downgrade back to 2.2

My phone is now completely useless...
can some one with a dev account please authorize my phone
PLEASE!!!!

Dieter Bohn

Editor Emeritus
Feb 1, 2001
www.backlon.com
I torrented the firmware update and I didn't realize you had to have a dev account to activate it. Now i cant downgrade back to 2.2

My phone is now completely useless...
can some one with a dev account please authorize my phone
PLEASE!!!!

2 bits:

1. please don't cross post your question in multiple forums
2. please don't request warez or other illegal things (i.e. dev authorization for a torrented / warez file).

iPhone 3.0!!!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Sorry

im new to the whole forums thing and i didnt mean to be annoying i just didnt know how obnoxious it is to crosspost. i am just really anxious to get my phone fixed because i use it for my business and im losing a ton of money today because dont have it

icemank121

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't know any devs, and my phone is a brick, I had read that you could use the phone just not sync, apparently that was wrong, and now I am out my phone. Any ideas how to get ahold of a dev so I can activate my phone? I really appreciate anyone who can help me.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
For those of you that F'd up, you can try loading the old firmware the same way you did the beta in Xcode.

The old file is on your computer, just search for "iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw"

I don't know if this will work, but it's the best I got. Good Luck.

icemank121

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I have tried a few times to no avail, either through xcode or itunes. Guess ill just keep trying to find a nice dev that can help me.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
For those of you that F'd up, you can try loading the old firmware the same way you did the beta in Xcode.

The old file is on your computer, just search for "iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw"

I don't know if this will work, but it's the best I got. Good Luck.

From what I have seen, there is no way to go back. At least none yet.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
That sucks for everyone who bricked their phone.

As far as 3.0 goes, it's pretty buggy. Facebook and beejive don't work right. Also, my wifi won't work.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
That sucks for everyone who bricked their phone.

As far as 3.0 goes, it's pretty buggy. Facebook and beejive don't work right. Also, my wifi won't work.

Very buggy to say the least. So buggy that I have shelved my iPhone and brought out the Bold to save me until the next beta release. And yes Beejive is extremely fubar'd in 3.0.

Too bad I can't go back, I would in a heart beat.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
To anyone asking how to download the 3.0 software - if you want it that way become a developer and pay for it.

Any other way to get it you are asking to brick your phone and your post will be deleted with a possible ban.

Thank you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR