i finally put down the $100 bucks to become a developer

but to all of you who got mad about making posts about torrents because they're illegal i would like to point out that jailbreaking is also illegal and thats what 90% of these forums are about. Hypocrite much?
    03-21-2009 05:04 PM
    i finally put down the $100 bucks to become a developer

but to all of you who got mad about making posts about torrents because they're illegal i would like to point out that jailbreaking is also illegal and thats what 90% of these forums are about. Hypocrite much?
    Actually, Jailbreaking is not illegal. It's pretty simple, you purchase a device you have the freedom to do whatever you'd like with that device. We do not want people selling activation codes or putting up links to such material to protect all of our forum members from anything that could be malicious.
    03-21-2009 05:42 PM
    For those of you that F'd up, you can try loading the old firmware the same way you did the beta in Xcode.

The old file is on your computer, just search for "iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw"

I don't know if this will work, but it's the best I got. Good Luck.
    Just to let everyone know this does not work. It just puts 3.0 back on.
    03-21-2009 06:44 PM
    Actually, Jailbreaking is not illegal. It's pretty simple, you purchase a device you have the freedom to do whatever you'd like with that device. We do not want people selling activation codes or putting up links to such material to protect all of our forum members from anything that could be malicious.
    Actually, the legality of jailbreaking is still an unsettled issue, isn't it?

Apple Says iPhone Jailbreaking is Illegal | Electronic Frontier Foundation

I agree with you and the EFF, Bad Ash, but I don't think the courts have weighed in yet. Nor will they, until and unless Apple actually goes after a jailbreaker in court.
    03-22-2009 05:45 PM
    Actually, the legality of jailbreaking is still an unsettled issue, isn't it?

Apple Says iPhone Jailbreaking is Illegal | Electronic Frontier Foundation

I agree with you and the EFF, Bad Ash, but I don't think the courts have weighed in yet. Nor will they, until and unless Apple actually goes after a jailbreaker in court.
    So that would mean... it's not illegal.
    03-22-2009 06:20 PM
    lol, no it's not. It just voids your warranty.
    03-22-2009 06:38 PM
    My how things change... Downgrade 3.0 to 2.2.1.
    Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. I restored it and unlocked it following the directions in the link. After jailbreaking, the phone will not activate. Everything works, but no service at all. Tried the whole process two times.

Guess I'm back to 3.0 for now...
    03-22-2009 11:12 PM
    Dooks, I can tell you that issue is a error on the user. I had the same problem until I figured out what I was doing wrong. You're not doing the whole quickpwn process are you?
    03-22-2009 11:14 PM
    And I just noticed you did... You're not supposed to jailbreak. After the restore fails - close iTunes and open quickpwn. Follow the first step only. Then open iTunes again, it should activate the phone then.
    03-22-2009 11:18 PM
    And I just noticed you did... You're not supposed to jailbreak. After the restore fails - close iTunes and open quickpwn. Follow the first step only. Then open iTunes again, it should activate the phone then.

That worked! Thanks man!
    03-22-2009 11:59 PM

That worked! Thanks man!
    Awesome, I'm glad it worked out for you.
    03-23-2009 12:49 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD