What would you change about the Switch?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Based off whether you actually have one or have played with on, or even based off just what you’ve read or seen about the Switch, what would you change? What would make the Switch the best console out there?

For me, it would be improved battery life when not docked and a resurgence of the more mature games of old.

bubble100100

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I'd change the kickstand to be way more sturdy and advanced, letting you position it and not being a cheap little plastic thing. Also, apparently it doesn't make a "click" sound when you put it in the dock, so I'd have it make a "click" sound when you put it in the dock.

Also I'd want a screen you could see in sunlight, like my phone, but that would probably raise the price quite a bit. And ideally it would just have 12 hours of battery life, but life's not ideal, yo.

thethriftyman

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
I wish there was a way to maintain the souped up processing power on the go. Like some sort of optional plug-in hard drive or something when it's out of the dock.

Momobeawesome

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have heard that the kickstand is not the sturdiest. I would definitely change the amount of the built in storage from the current 32GB to to at least 100GB. Maybe that's a lot, but I really don't think 32GB is enough and don't think people should be required to pay for more memory.

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
* Battery life increase
* Make it a little lighter (I know those two are in competition, but I can dream :)
* Make the kickstand support a couple different angles somehow, also sturdier

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Reversible dock. It's a USB-C connector, for cryin out loud :p

A way to limit the resolution to 720p while docked, for smoother framerates. (e.g. Zelda, when it's running at 900p, it looks fuzzy in addition to lowering the framerate compared to 720p undocked. I'd rather it be more fuzzy but smoother for better hacking and slashing of those moblins)

An easier way to capture game video than having to go through an HDMI capture card. Like wireless streaming via Miracast, or a USB to video connection like the iPhone and iPad have.

Upgrade to Pascal (Tegra X2) for more power efficiency

Centerion

May 20, 2017
Visit site
DEFINITELY the kickstand. I've found that having a single viewing angle can be very awkward in some situations and unless the switch is sitting on a perfectly flat surface it easily falls over. It is quite literally a "table-top" mode...

I really wish in addition to having multiple viewing angles we could have either another stand on the opposite side of the device for stability, or a full length kickstand similar to the Surface Pro!

Having more internal storage in the switch so that we aren't entirely relying on Micro-SD cards would be great as well...

jsquires88

Jul 30, 2017
Visit site
I would change the battery life on the switch. I think I've heard it has trouble charging when it's docked and being used but I could be wrong.

I'd also want to change the button sizes, because they look a little small.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Make the controllers a bit bigger. They feel a tad small to me so are kind of uncomfortable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR