After the Switch...Next Console

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I'm curious if you guys have any ideas about what console should/will come after the Switch.

Are there any new features the new console should have?

Are there any things that You think Nitendo should keep the same?

If you could design the next console, what would it look like and be able to do?

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
The way things are going, I can even begin to guess....:)

True.

If we know anything about Nintendo it is that they continue to be incredibly innovative when it comes to their game consoles.

In my opinion I'd bet money that the next console will incorporate a VR headset.

I had the opportunity to try out the Oculus and it was AMAZING!

VR is completely immersive because it gives you a feeling of presence (it feels like you are truly there)

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
I feel like VR is still a bit of an unknown at this point. Considering the best game I've played is Thumper and that's played with a controller... I'd say maybe wait for another generation before it's a must-have consideration. I think what they're doing with the Switch makes a lot of sense, but I'd like to see a stronger focus on online functionality from the get go so they can compete with Sony and Microsoft on that front.

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I feel like VR is still a bit of an unknown at this point. Considering the best game I've played is Thumper and that's played with a controller... I'd say maybe wait for another generation before it's a must-have consideration. I think what they're doing with the Switch makes a lot of sense, but I'd like to see a stronger focus on online functionality from the get go so they can compete with Sony and Microsoft on that front.

I agree that VR is still being perfected and about online functionality.

The future of gaming is definitely more social in my opinion.

My favorite memories that involve video games are from all the fun I've had with friends.

At least for me, games that have unlimited playability are local/online multiplayer.

I also love the idea of different players having completely diferent play experiences in the same game.

Like a game where there's a chain of command so some people are generals and others are soldiers.

Anybody heard of a game like this?

Robert Newman4

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I think AR has more interesting possibilities than VR. Rather than closing you off from the real world around you it incorporates it in a way that is more human and more social.

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Like a game where there's a chain of command so some people are generals and others are soldiers.
Yeah definitely. A good example would be Natural Selection. Unfortunately the Wii U would have been the system for this. It was really good for games that had asymmetrical play. Nintendo World's 5 player games and Zombi U's multiplayer mode both really shined in that way. It's too bad the Wii U wasn't successful because I love that style of play for local multiplayer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner