Would you like to see Nintendo release a classic game pack for the Switch with all the best games from NES and SNES?

Robert Newman4

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Would you like to see Nintendo release a classic game pack for the Switch with all the best games from NES and SNES?

Since Nintendo just announced the upcoming Classic Edition SNES and in view of the fact that the Classic NES sold out so fast - I'd like to see Nintendo release a classic game pack for the Switch with all the best games from NES and SNES. What do you think?

Commodus

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely. They might have to be picky about some games based on how well-suited they are to the Switch, but I could see this being the way forward once the SNES Classic is discontinued. Play classic games on TV and on the bus.

bubble100100

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Well, past Nintendo consoles have had the Virtual Console, which just lets you play whatever classic games they add to that that you purchase. Nintendo's been really quiet about that though, but apparently with their online $20 yearly subscription service for online, you'll also get access to a Netflix-like service of classic games. I don't know anymore than that, it's pretty vague right now. They'll announce it by the end of the year I think.

Either way, I want to be able to choose what games I want, and not be limited by a game pack.

brent86

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Having classic games on the switch would be amazing. I would hope they can get at least up to N64 games so that I can play all the games of my childhood.

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
However they do it, I've been dying to hear more about their Virtual Console plans for the system (or variation thereof). I'm particularly hoping for N64 games, which seem like the perfect fit to me. So far, as was noted, only the subscription based thing has been mentioned, and that with very little detail unfortunately.

Robert Newman4

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
It would be a great move to re-build the classic games for iPad and sell accessories such as mfi controllers in the classic Nintendo styles. This would be a huge market and they could make money on the games and the accessories.

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
This would be great, but don't expect it. This would compete with a) their classic consoles they're releasing and b) it would compete with the virtual console if they launched that on the Switch (which they might not because of the classic consoles).

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
It would be a great move to re-build the classic games for iPad and sell accessories such as mfi controllers in the classic Nintendo styles. This would be a huge market and they could make money on the games and the accessories.

True! I can't tell you how many friends I have that play Zelda games on their phones CONSTANTLY.

I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't release their old games as apps.

People play them anyways using emulators, illegally.

I'd happily pay a couple bucks to play the original Zelda on my phone.

Anybody agree with me?

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
For me, I need a controller to play old console games. Touch screen interfaces for controller based games is a non-starter imo. I prefer the direction they went with Mario Run where it's a touch screen centric design take on a class game series. So like a new Zelda that uses touch controls (*absolutely doable btw, I have some ideas*) would be sick.

macPonder

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Classic reboots are a huge draw. I hope they make them available. I’m not a huge fan of subscriptions, but for $20/yr it would be great to have access to them. But I’d pay tops for Mario Sunshine or Mario Galaxy. Hopefully versions of these will be made available by the upcoming holiday cycle....

macPonder

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Has Nintendo ever licensed or released other arcade classics from companies like Williams (Robotron, Defender etc)?
That would be awesome and they don’t seem have been picked by others - unlike Namco classics like Pac-Man etc.

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
I think I'd still rather have a subscription service for all Nintendo retro games rather than buy them in smaller bundles, guaranteed to have some games you don't want!

Robert Newman4

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Nintendo should bring back all the Game & Watch handhelds. I had one back in the late 80's - it was my first ever electronic game. I was recently amazed to see just how many different Game & Watch Nintendo made. I would love to see these in stores! They would surely sell Really well.

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, a sort of Virtual Console on iOS and Android would be unbelievably cool, but is almost certainly not going to happen. The Switch seems to be reviving Nintendo's fortunes, which is great but probably further reduces the possibility of classic Nintendo games making the jump to iOS (like, say, Sega has).

thethriftyman

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
I think I'd still rather have a subscription service for all Nintendo retro games rather than buy them in smaller bundles, guaranteed to have some games you don't want!

I agree. I REALLY want to see a solid subscription service come from Nintendo. I hope they don't hold back and embrace the changes in the times when they finally release it. I've tried out Playstation Now and think something like that would have a TON of potential with Nintendo's classic games.

Momobeawesome

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I personally wouldn't get to excited for a classic games pack for the switch but I know lots of people would love it and for the reason alone, why not release one Nintendo!!?