Looking to purchase a Nintendo Switch soon. What are some 'must haves' that I should pick upwith it?

gooby pls

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
When i get a switch for myself , first 5 i will get are Skyrim, Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Rayman Legends

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Would definitely agree with @metllicamilitia having Zelda & Mario kart in your collect is a must have. The amount of game time you can get on both will be over 100 hours haha. 😃 Plus, having a multilayer game like Mario, allows you to share the fun.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
For those owners of the Nintendo Switch, How do people carry the switch in their bag? Is there like a protective case?

I quite like the:
Butterfox Hard Carry Case for $24.99 or the YZtree Carrying Game Traveler Deluxe Travel Case for $10.99. Both do a great job 😃 I personally haven't used them but they have good reviews so that's what I would pick up.

Or if you want something a little more "official" you can always get the Nintendo Switch Premium Console Case

Link:
https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Swi...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2960786

KyonCoraeL

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
May 16, 2017
Visit site
Zelda, Mario Kart, ARMS and Splatoon 2 for games. Pro Controller, Dock Sock to prevent scratching by the dock, and a protective case are must-have accessories. A stand to use in tabletop mode is also useful.

And, if you can afford it, the battery that's been recommended here on iMore and on a number of other Switch sites, the Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD with 27W PD Portable Charger, is really useful for on-the-go use. It allows you to charge the Switch while you are playing it--which most portable batteries won't do.

jluders

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Just throw it in my laptop bag and its ready to go. Not much to buy unless your bag gets thrown around a lot. Would def put a screen protector on day 1. The little guy can take a beating.

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
I know I've heard stories where people have put it in their bag and have had it wake up, throwing heat everywhere and making the inside of their bag like a heater! I think a case would be wise, even to just save battery life from it waking up.

Commodus

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
What's pleasing me is how many games already qualify as must-haves. Zelda and Mario Kart are the obvious ones so far, but then there's Splatoon 2, and likely Super Mario Odyssey when it shows up... there'll be no shortage of things to play even if you don't care for third-party titles.

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
If you don't have Mario Kart 8, it's by far the best Mario Kart game. Highly recommend that. And if you don't already have Shovel Knight and/or The Binding of Isaac they're both maybe the best indie games in the last few years on any of their respective platforms tbh. And now that Splatoon 2 is out, I have only played a bit of it at a friend's house, but it looks to be the must buy. And Zelda obv.

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
What is Splatoon 2 about? I've never heard of it.

SPLATOON is a first person shooter that has an insteresting twist.

Instead of firing bullets, you spray 'ink' a liquid substance that covers the ground and walls.

You can then "transform" and swim through the ink. If your in the ink in squid-form you're hidden and can't be seen.

Here's a link to game play: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt8UY47Alvk

It's hard to explain, but I will say the game is incredibly FUN!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods