Two Month Later and you STILL can't find it!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

WHAT is Nintendo doing with production and distribution of these things! You would think by now you would be able to find them, but NOPE, still sold out everywhere you look. OR you can buy 1 at double the cost on the after market! Does Nintendo sell them to speculators, or just have REALLY bad supply chain?

WHAT'S THE DEAL!!!!! lol

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
They've been available for quite a while these past two months (on and off, depending where you look), but looks like since mariokart 8 deluxe came out, it has gone back to scarcity again for a bit. I do agree though that supply of Nintendo stuff has been shockingly hard to get hold of this past year. (noticeably much more so than I've ever seen it in previous years).

With NES Classic, it was definitely the scalpers fault though. With Switch though, I think it's a combination of them selling an absolute craptonne more than they thought they would, and also not making enough units to begin with. Even Zelda amiibos seem to be like gold dust at the moment. (and I definitely won't be paying scalpers prices for those). some people are charging well over a hundred bucks for those things!!! (it's outrageous!!!). However, amazon uk managed to let us pre-order them for 12.99 last week, so I made sure to do that the moment I saw it. So as soon as their stock comes in, it means I will get it at normal price. it just pays to keep checking, and grab stuff the moment you see it. (I hate that we're being conditioned to impulse buy like that). But for Nintendo stuff at the moment, it's the only way to get it without getting ripped off these days (I don't mind as much if it's stuff I was gong to buy anyway, but still!!)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think the shortage in consoles is definitely specific to certain regions that have many more fans.

For me, there has never been a 'out of stock' notice on any local online store (South Africa) I could pick up another one tomorrow if needed :)

Definitely agree about the after market prices, people are just taking advantage of the short supply and charging for it.

Best of luck to everyone looking for one, it's absolutely amazing but not worth the inflated after market prices.

wplantz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I've had the opposite experience. I found a Switch in stock in the second store I checked without IsInStock. Good luck finding a Switch!

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I wound up calling Gamestop and asking when the shipments came in.. guy told me (for that GS) it was Wednesday before noon, and that he had 5 coming. I got there at 10:30 and was #3 in line...

jsox78

Aug 30, 2011
johnbowersox.me
Totally frustrated here as well. I'm still not 100% sold getting a Switch, but as I can't even find one I guess I don't need to make a decision just yet.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Sold out but usually can check Walmart's website after 12 midnight and you can reserve to pick it up. I would still go in to get it because some of their reps will still sell it. Saw 3 waiting to be purchased in the same week it was released.

wrldwzrd89

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I have not been able to find a Switch despite my best attempts. This thing sure is popular. Does anyone know when Nintendo will have this rectified? It's making potential customers like me crazy!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2