Best Nintendo Switch Accessories

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Have an official Nintendo accessory you want to share? Or perhaps something from Amazon or elsewhere you think is really cool?

Share your Nintendo Switch Accessory picks here to help our community find more cool and fun things to accessorize their Switch with!

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi James! (and yeah, too many to list) But you know me, I'll have ago... **grins**

Naturally I love all the Zelda cases, and I like all 5 of the ones I've seen so far! (but naturally I won't need them all, and I'm actually a bit worried about messing up the way they look, so I'll probably just get all the Zelda ones for collectible purposes, but just use a plain black one for everyday use! (I saw a comment on another forum that suggested using the Zelda ones to store all their amiibos in, which I thought was a really good idea)

My favorite looking of all the Zelda ones though is this one...
71mlBnMzeKL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
www.amazon.com/PDP-Nintendo-Switch-Premium-Console-Case/dp/B01N10SBT4

It's just a soft case though, so will need a really strong screen protector on it.
(I'll be getting a proper glass screen protector for my Switch anyway, as I'd be really scared of breaking my screen on the switch, no matter what case I end up using, and those foil types just would't help it much, so a proper solid one should really help that.)

The one I ordered was the Orzly Super Tough Tempered Glass Screen Protector
(I've had ones from these people before for my iPhone, and they were the best I've ever used, so I trust them to make a good one for my Switch. www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9RG3XS

My next favorite Switch accessory is probably the same as alot of people's. But the official Pro Controller is going to be really useful in alot of situations , as the JoyCons in the grip are still quite nice to use, but they do feel quite tiny in the hand, and the four shoulder buttons are quite close together, but the pro-controller is much nicer to use when playing certain games, and when your're playing for long periods of time (which I know I definitely will) www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller/dp/B01NAWKYZ0

I did buy the JoyCon Charging Grip aswell (and I thought it would make my most useful list when I bought it, but I don't actually think it's appropriate to add here, because in practice I've found that I've hardly ever had to use it!) Basically, the JoyCons charge themselves when plugged into the tablet, so they constantly are getting topped up that way anyway. So that one will only really be useful if ever my JoyCons ever happen to run out of battery halfway through playing a game that requires it to be played in separate JoyCon mode. But I've had my console a week now already, and have played like that lots, yet they still haven't ever run out of power yet!

There are so many other things I'd like to list, but I'll stop here, because these are my main 3, plus I'd better give everyone else a chance...

Last edited:

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I don't have a Nintendo Switch but I feel like the needed accessories are:
- A case to protect it
- The charger for the Joy controller, that one which looks like the XBOX.
- A clear protector for the screen

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I say the most important would be the screen protector and the sd card
Good point! (I totally forgot to mention about the SD Card!) I'll probably wait until more downloadable games come out before I'll need one, but I'll definitely be getting as a large of an SD card as I can physically get hold of once more digital games are available. I like doing games that way as it means I don't have to bring cartridges with me, I can just bring the switch with everything already on it like I do with my 3DS.
I've read that the Switch Console will actually support much bigger SD cards than the 3DS and WiiU did. Currently the biggest MicroSD XC cards that the Switch uses I've seen available are 256GB (but I've read that they've future proofed the system to support as high as 2TB, if ever memory cards start getting bigger) but for now I probably won't need anywhere near that much, and 256GB will be plenty. (in theory it may even be cheaper just to get smaller 64GB or even 32GB SD cards and just swap those out instead of swapping out cartridges, as it would mean that it's much less to carry, and you'd fit a few games on each memory card, rather than just one game per cartridge). So not sure which method I'll end up going with in the end. I guess alot depends on how lazy I feel, and how many games I would actually play at any given time. (I tend to focus on just a few games at a time and see them through before starting others, so they don't necessarily all need to be on the same SD card simultaneously, so would just bring with me the one that contains all the games I'm currently playing at the time, and leave the rest at home). ;)

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi James! (and yeah, too many to list) But you know me, I'll have ago... **grins**

Naturally I love all the Zelda cases, and I like all 5 of the ones I've seen so far! (but naturally I won't need them all, and I'm actually a bit worried about messing up the way they look, so I'll probably just get all the Zelda ones for collectible purposes, but just use a plain black one for everyday use! (I saw a comment on another forum that suggested using the Zelda ones to store all their amiibos in, which I thought was a really good idea)

My favorite looking of all the Zelda ones though is this one...
View attachment 116881
www.amazon.com/PDP-Nintendo-Switch-Premium-Console-Case/dp/B01N10SBT4

It's just a soft case though, so will need a really strong screen protector on it.
(I'll be getting a proper glass screen protector for my Switch anyway, as I'd be really scared of breaking my screen on the switch, no matter what case I end up using, and those foil types just would't help it much, so a proper solid one should really help that.)

The one I ordered was the Orzly Super Tough Tempered Glass Screen Protector
(I've had ones from these people before for my iPhone, and they were the best I've ever used, so I trust them to make a good one for my Switch. www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9RG3XS

My next favorite Switch accessory is probably the same as alot of people's. But the official Pro Controller is going to be really useful in alot of situations , as the JoyCons in the grip are still quite nice to use, but they do feel quite tiny in the hand, and the four shoulder buttons are quite close together, but the pro-controller is much nicer to use when playing certain games, and when your're playing for long periods of time (which I know I definitely will) www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller/dp/B01NAWKYZ0

I did buy the JoyCon Charging Grip aswell (and I thought it would make my most useful list when I bought it, but I don't actually think it's appropriate to add here, because in practice I've found that I've hardly ever had to use it!) Basically, the JoyCons charge themselves when plugged into the tablet, so they constantly are getting topped up that way anyway. So that one will only really be useful if ever my JoyCons ever happen to run out of battery halfway through playing a game that requires it to be played in separate JoyCon mode. But I've had my console a week now already, and have played like that lots, yet they still haven't ever run out of power yet!

There are so many other things I'd like to list, but I'll stop here, because these are my main 3, plus I'd better give everyone else a chance...

Wow, those are great suggestions indeed, thanks!

Cheers

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know if there is a Joy-Con bigger for those with big hands?

I read/heard a lot of people complaining tht the Joy-cons are pretty small.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh