[REVIEW] Mujjo Leather MagSafe Wallet

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
REVIEW: Mujjo Leather MagSafe Wallet

I’ve had the privilege of reviewing several Mujjo products over the years and every single time, I come away impressed. They offer a wide range of products, and every one I’ve tried has been great, but some of my favorite ones are their leather cases and accessories. I’m a big fan of leather in general, and they always do a great job with their wallets so when I got the chance to review their latest MagSafe wallet for iPhone, I jumped at the chance. I’ve been using it for a few weeks now so let me share my thoughts.

Design

IMG_20221206_221035.jpg

As always, Mujjo does a solid job with their leather. I couldn’t find many details about what kind of leather they use except that it’s “full-grain vegetable-tanned" which could mean lots of things, but it feels great and the color is gorgeous. I received the Monaco Blue version so I can’t speak first-hand to the Black and Tan colors, but based on how this one looks, I’d say they would look gorgeous as well.

Mujjo says it’s designed to fit phones 6.1 inches and larger, so an iPhone 14 or larger. For reference, that includes the standard iPhone 12 and 13 sizes as well, and while they don’t specifically say it’s compatible with the iPhone 12 or 13 Mini, I’ve been using it with a 13 Mini since I got it and haven’t had any problems with it. Without a case on the phone, the wallet just barely sticks out past the edges, but if you have a case on, it will match up just fine and you won’t even notice.

IMG_20221206_220229.jpg

Function

Since this is a wallet, obviously the most important function is how well it holds your cards. It’s designed to hold up to 3 and that matches pretty well with my experience. At first having three cards was extremely tight and almost impossible to get the cards out, but after about a week the leather loosened up and it was much easier to get the cards in and out. Now, I carry around my one credit card and a Tile wallet Bluetooth tracker card in the case with ease.

One problem I had with the last Mujjo wallet I reviewed was that the leather actually loosened up a bit too much and the cards would fall out just from carrying it around – clearly not a great thing for a wallet. Thankfully, after several weeks of use with this one, that doesn’t seem to be in an issue. If does feel like the hold on the cards is stronger so hopefully, they fixed the issue.

IMG_20221206_221049.jpg

On the last wallet, the only way to get the cards out was to pull from the top. It makes sense as this is the most natural way (for me at least) to get what I need out of my wallet, but Mujjo has actually added two additional ways to slide cards out. There’s a thumb-sized hole on the back, similar to what Apple does with its MagSafe case, and there’s also a small cutout on the bottom so you can push the cards up. It may not seem like a big deal, but it’s actually come in pretty handy a few times.

IMG_20221206_220238.jpg
IMG_20221206_220303.jpg

Magnet Hold

As a MagSafe compatible wallet, one of the most important things, at least for me, is how well the magnets hold to the phone. One of my biggest complaints with Apple’s MagSafe wallet is that the magnets are actually pretty weak and the wallet slides off without too much force, most annoyingly when trying to put it in a pocket.

Mujjo’s magnets feel a tad stronger so and seems to hold a bit better, but they also added some silicone strips to the back so it won’t slide around on the back of the phone (see above photo). For the most part, I don’t mind it but I do wonder if that impacts the strength of the magnet hold since it adds a touch more space between the magnets in the wallet and the phone. This is not something I can really test but just something I’ve thought about.

Final Thoughts

One other thing to note is that, at the risk of stating the obvious, this wallet works best with either no case on your phone or a MagSafe compatible case. Even with a super thin case, the magnets really didn’t hold, but this is kind of to be expected so just know it before going in.

Overall, I am impressed with Mujjo’s MagSafe wallet. It’s beautiful, well designed, and has some thoughtful features that actually make it more useful than the competition. And at $32, it’s also half the price of Apple’s wallet which is nice. Whether you just got the new iPhone 14, or you have 12 or 13 model and have been looking for a nice MagSafe wallet, you really can’t go wrong with Mujjo. You can get one from their website.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711