[REVIEW] Mujjo iPhone 13 Pro Leather Wallet Case

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A Nearly Perfect iPhone Wallet Case

Mujjo has been making quality leather cases for years and when I knew I was going to be able to get the new iPhone 13 Pro, I immediately got my hands on one of Mujjo’s cases.

The last time I reviewed a Mujjo leather wallet case was for the iPhone X when it came out and back then I said that even though it was largely inspired by Apple’s own leather wallet case, I thought Mujjo’s was much better. Well, the world of the iPhone 13 Pro is a bit different now than it was back then so does Mujjo’s case still stand up to the competition? Let’s find out.

IMG_20211028_204809.jpg

It has a beautiful, quality design…

If you’ve read some of my reviews before then you know that I love leather products. They’re classy, durable, and go with just about anything. That hasn’t changed. Genuine leather cases are some of my favorite ones you can get and that fact that this one comes in blue to match the new Sierra Blue iPhones is the icing on the cake (the fact that blue is my favorite color certainly helps too).

Anyway, it’s a gorgeous, genuine leather case with a pocket on the back that can hold 2-3 cards. One nice touch is that except for the mute switch, all the other buttons are covered by the leather of the case.

On the bottom of the case there’s a cutout for the lightning port and the speaker grills and, of course, there’s a cutout on the back for the cameras. Aside from that, the case is one solid piece of leather with a small lip around the edges to keep the screen off of surfaces.

The case is also lined with microfiber on the inside to protect the beautiful glass of the phone.

IMG_20211028_204942.jpg

With thoughtful and useful features…

Aside from the gorgeous design, the wallet pocket on the back is the other standout feature of this case. Mujjo says it is designed to hold 2-3 cards and that’s what I got from my experience with it. I will say though that I think 2 cards is the perfect amount, say an ID and one card. Having three in there for me made it extremely tight and pretty tough to get the cards out.

I wouldn’t recommend trying to carry three regularly. Plus, the last time I reviewed this case for the iPhone X, after a few months of carrying three cards, the leather loosened up quite a bit and my cards would fall out fairly easily. I haven’t used this one long enough to know if it suffers from the same issue but that’s just something to be aware of.

I will say though that having a place to carry my cards and ID directly on the back of my phone is a huge added convenience. I hate carrying a wallet around, especially now with Apple Pay and the fact that I haven’t used cash it god knows how long, and being able to carry my ID and my main card right on the back of my phone is just awesome.

IMG_20211028_204952.jpg

In fact, it’s such a useful feature that Apple themselves attempted to copy it with their MagSafe wallet for the iPhone 12 and 13 series. The idea behind the MagSafe wallet is really awesome, but in my opinion, the execution is a bit lacking.

Apple’s design is gorgeous as usual, but the magnets designed to hold the wallet to the phone or MagSafe case are just a bit weak. I tried to use one but after just a few days I had to return it because the wallet kept falling off of my phone at random times, which defeats the entire purpose of having a wallet like that.

That’s why having the wallet built into the case is so useful.

With some hard-to-overcome quirks

Unfortunately, one of the quirks of having that built-in wallet is that it interferes with your ability to use the MagSafe features of the phone. With the wallet on the back, you can’t use wireless charging or any MagSafe accessories.

For me personally this isn’t a huge deal because the battery life is so good for me that I don’t really care about wireless charging (I have no problem making it to my wired charger every night), but what is pretty annoying is not being able to use my MagSafe car mount.

Yes, of course there are plenty of other great car phone holders, but my wife really likes using the MagSafe car mount with her iPhone 12 so it’s quite an annoyance to have to remove the case every time I need to use the car mount. There’s really no way around this so it’s a compromise you’ll have to make if you want to use any MagSafe accessories.

This inconvenient compromise led to my case cracking around the hole for the alert slider. At one point, while taking the case off to use my car mount, the case just snapped right at the hole.

IMG_0058.jpg

Now, there are a few things to keep in mind here. First, Mujjo did tell me that it’s best to remove the case from the bottom where there is more stability and second, the vast majority of people won’t be taking the case on and off repeatedly so you most likely won’t run into this issue. But it is something to be aware of, especially for a $50 case.

The one other quirk is one I had with my last wallet case from Mujjo back on my iPhone X where after a few months of use, the leather loosened up a bit and my cards began to slip out sometimes when I would just pull out my phone. The wallet does feel much tighter on this model but it’s something to be aware of as well.

Final thoughts

Overall, I can’t say enough about how beautiful Mujjo cases are. The colors and design are just gorgeous and the wallet feature is undoubtedly useful. Really the biggest downside to the case is that you can’t use MagSafe with it, but that may not really be a big deal depending on how you use your phone. The whole MagSafe ecosystem is still pretty small anyway so for most people, this is probably just a minor annoyance.

I do thoroughly recommend this case for anyone who wants to outfit their new iPhone 13 Pro with a classy, useful case. I can’t think of a better way to spend your Christmas gift cards than to get a great case for your shiny new iPhone. Check out Mujjo’s website here to pick yours up today.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Looks bulky. The button design is ugly imho. Sorry.
I have 2 Apple leather cases and 2 wallets (all 2021 models), and they stick quite firmly.
Anyway, thanks for reviewing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner