[REVIEW] Nomad Rugged Case for AirPods

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://youtu.be/2q8ipyzb2zI

Nomad is the maker of all things leather, for all things Apple. Well, at least Apple phones and related accessories anyway. I have reviewed quite a few of their products over the past year or so and this is the first time I’ve ever had the opportunity to get my hands on a set of AirPods, so I reached out to Nomad to see about getting a review sample for the AirPods Rugged Case, and I have to say... it’s pretty fantastic.

20190807_172113.jpg

The Look: The AirPods Rugged Case is made from the same Horween Leather that we have come to love and expect from Nomad, and the attention to detail is just as spot-on as ever. The Rugged Case comes in two different pieces – one for the body, and one for the lid. All you have to do is place the respective portion of the AirPods case into the Rugged Case and BAM! It’s spruced up and ready to go. The leather is nice and smooth and still has the wonderful patina that develops over time, as the leather is worn in and exposed to the elements and the natural oils and minerals that your hands pick up over time. It looks fantastic in the natural color leather, and if that isn’t your cup of tea then you can get it in Black, or Brown, as well. Additionally, the Rugged Case works with the new wireless charging case for the latest generation of AirPods as well!

20190807_173115.jpg
20190807_172227.jpg

The Feel: The Rugged Case feels great on the AirPods case, almost as if the two products were made for each other. The leather is smooth and has a great texture to it, and really makes the AirPods case stand out. One important thing to note is to make sure that you put the AirPods cover on properly so that the case opens up without knocking the lid off. If you put the Rugged Case lid on backwards then when you try to close it all the way, it will pop off. Other than that though it’s very simple and it really gives the AirPods case a whole new look and feel to it. I am a big fan of leather, and I’m a big fan of Nomad products, so really it’s a no-brainer for me, and I can recommend it to anyone that would be interested in a nice leather case to protect their AirPods case, and make it stand out, and look nice!

20190807_172258.jpg
20190807_172650.jpg

Protection: Well, the Rugged Case is protective, at the expense of the leather. Of course it doesn’t really add anything like MIL-STD drop protection, but it does add an additional layer of cushioning and protection to your AirPods and the AirPods Case. In addition to that, the leather will pick up any scuffs or marks that would have otherwise ended up harming your AirPods themselves. One of the nice things about the Horween Leather is that it is designed to pick up blemishes and beauty marks. Not saying you should intentionally damage your Rugged Case, but as you get little blemishes or scratches on it, that blend in with the leather and develop the rugged and worn looking personality that any other Nomad product has from wear and tear over time. Of course, any divots or serious dings will obviously damage the leather and probably won’t look all that great. But... your AirPods will be safe and sound.

20190807_172731.jpg

Conclusion: The Rugged Case for the Apple AirPods is classy, and looks fantastic! It really helps you set your AirPods apart from the rest of the world, and the three different colored leather options give you plenty of options to choose from, or you can pair them with your other Nomad products. I’m a big fan of the AirPods Rugged Case, and I think it’s priced well at $29.95. It’s something neat and different, and I really love the way that it makes my AirPods case look!

20190807_172843.jpg

If you’re interested in picking up one of the Nomad Rugged Cases for your AirPods, you can find them on Nomad’s website for $29.95 - https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...%2Fcollections%2Fcases-airpods&token=sJBzIPIA - As always, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them down in the comments section.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73