[REVIEW] Nomad Slim Wallet with Tile Tracker

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZtUHopG7xE&t=2s

For ladies, diamonds are forever – or so I’m told; but for men, it seems like wallets are forever. Prior to the other Nomad wallet that I reviewed, I had been rocking the same Fossil wallet for about 8 years, and I fully intended in toting it around for a while longer. However, once I found out that there were wallets geared towards convenience, phone tech and incorporating smart features into my life, things changed. My first iteration of a “smart’ish” wallet, was the Nomad Bi-Fold Charging Wallet. Well, this next Nomad wallet is a great step in the right direction for incorporating smart technology. Say hello to the Nomad Slim Wallet with Tile tracking! Not only is it made from the same Horween leather as the rest of Nomad’s products, but it also incorporates a Tile tracker into it, so you never have to worry about losing your wallet again!

20180907_085404.jpg

The Right Stuff: Nomad’s products are built from the ground up for style, rugged durability, and sheer fanciness; and the Slim Wallet with Tile Tracker is no different. The Slim Wallet is built from the finest of the fine Horween leather, which has been around since 1905 – and it’s American made! The leather is vegetable tanned and develops a rugged patina over time, meaning that the leather has a bit of a break-in period where the leather colors change, acquire “beauty marks”, and develop their own unique characteristics from exposure to the elements and minerals/oils on your hands. I have included a comparison of the Slim Wallet and the Bi-Fold wallet, showing how the leather looks one Day 1, versus about 3 months of use. It really is quite remarkable, and it looks great too! In addition to the leather, the wallet also has really nice stitching around the edges that give it a classy look. This iteration of Nomad’s wallet is sized down a bit for ease of carry and convenience, but still has plenty of stowage capacity! Here’s a breakdown:

- Integrated Tile Slim for location tracking
- Hidden sleeve to secure Tile Slim
- Holds 12 cards comfortably
- Minimalist slim design
- Horween leather from the USA
- Develops a rugged patina over time

20180907_085412.jpg
20180907_085505.jpg
20180907_090324.jpg

Features: As you can see from the list above, the Slim Wallet is no slouch in the utility factor. Even though the wallet has a slim, minimalistic design, it can store up to 12 cards, which is great. You can carry around all of your important things, like ID cards, and debit/credit cards, without having to worry about leaving any of them at home. The additional Tile pocket on the inside is exceptionally handy because it houses the ever-important Tile tracker, which is what really seals the deal for this wallet.

20180907_085704.jpg

Tile Tracker – How does it work?: The included Tile tracker uses the Tile App, which is compatible with iOS and Android, and allows you to keep tabs on your wallet like never before. It’s always frustrating when you wake up late in the morning and can’t remember where you put your wallet. Well with the Tile tracker and app, fret no more; all you have to do is fire up the app and hit the “locate” button, and the Tile will start playing a little jingle that lets you find it, day or night. The Tile connects VIA Bluetooth, and the range is excellent. In addition to the audible noise, you can even use the built-in locator map to see exactly where your wallet is it. Of course, this does have some limitations. If you’re within Bluetooth range it will automatically show where it’s at. However, even in the absence of a Bluetooth connection, the Tile tracker and app automatically logs the last location the Tile had a connection. For instance, if you went out to have dinner somewhere and left your wallet on the table and walked off without it, the Tile will automatically register the last known location into the app, so when you realize your wallet it missing all you have to do is turn the app on and click the location map, and it will show you the last place it was connected – which is pretty stinking neat. And if that wasn’t enough, you can even share an email link to other people who you feel safe including in the wallet hunt, and it will allow them to see the last known location as well!

20180907_085629.jpg
20180907_090558.jpg

Conclusion: The Nomad Slim Wallet with Tile Tracker is a heck of a way to bundle modern technology, with a classic daily accessory like a wallet. Of course, the Tile tracker isn’t the only selling point. The fancy Horween leather and quality craftsmanship really go a long way to help this wallet stand out from a crowd of otherwise run-of-the-mill wallets. The price tag is a big heftier than most common wallets, but at $79.99, I feel like a) it’s a reasonable price, and b) really feels like a good value when you consider the integrated Tile tracker. I am a huge fan of this wallet and I whole-heartedly recommend it to anyone who is in the market for a new wallet, or just an upgrade.

If you’re interested in picking up one of these modern-age, fancy Slim Wallet’s with Tile Tracker, you can pick one up directly through Nomad on their HelloNomad website: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...%2Fproducts%2Fslim-wallet-tile&token=kUxbJXUw - As I mentioned up above, the price is $79.99, and they only come in the Rugged Brown color. If you want to save a few bucks, make sure you click on the pop-up to save an additional 10% off when you visit the site! As always, if you have any questions or comments, please leave them down in the comments section.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox