[REVIEW] Anker Roav C2 Pro Dash Cam

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://youtu.be/J7XGkevnl7Y

In keeping up with the times and flowing with the new wave of technology, I have happened upon a super cool Dash Cam by Anker. At first, I was a little hesitant because I didn’t really see a need for one in my day-to-day life, but I went ahead and took the short leap and said “yes” to the thing that isn’t a dress: the Roav C2 Pro Dash Cam. For many of you who keep up with mainstream technology products, Anker has been around for a while and I’ve reviewed quite a few of their products before. Keeping in line with their reputation for fine products, the Roav is well-built and is an excellent little addition to your vehicle.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Specs:
- F2.0 wide-angle lens with FHD 1080P recording up to 1080P @ 30FPS
- 3” LCD Screen
- 4-Lane Wide-Angle Lens
- GPS and Watermarking for location and authenticity
- Loop Recording
- Night Vision Recording

What’s in the Box: All Seven jokes aside, the Roav comes complete with an A/C adapter for the car, an adjustable suction-cup based mount for attaching to your windshield, and a power cord to keep the Roav charged with. The only downside to the Road in this area is that it doesn’t have internal storage or come with an SD card, which is required to use the dash cam – don’t worry, the Roav will let you know. It tells you to insert an SD card if one isn’t present when it starts up. I am using a 16GB SD card, which is what I had on-hand to test it out. It works just fine, but every time the RAOV starts up it tells you to have at least a 32GB SD card in it – it isn’t a show stopper though and is easy to bypass with the click of a button.

3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Functionality: The function menus and User-Interface (UI) of the Roav are very straightforward and easy to navigate. Initial start-up has a few prompts to establish the date/time, language and frequency (50hz or 60mhz), and allows you to have Wi-Fi on or off. Once you get through the initial setup the video camera fires up and video is displayed on the dash cam screen. There is a myriad of options ranging from loop video duration (1min, 3min or 5min), to video quality and night vision settings. I haven’t been able to test out the night vision setting yet, but low-light video works really well. There are four buttons on the right-hand side of the Roav which enable you to access the menu, the file folder for recorded videos, an emergency recording button and a sound on/off button for those times when you want the option to be able to hear yourself sing and talk in the car on your video recordings – use at your own risk. Native video is recorded at 1080p @ 30FPS, which plays back well. I would recommend leaving it on this setting unless you’re really pressed for space on your SD card and want to stretch it out a little farther.

6.jpg
7.jpg

Applicability: The Roav Dash Cam is super cool IMO. It has two different modes: parked mode and drive mode, which operate off of different levels of sensitivity for activation. The Loop video mode of normal recording mode is set to three minutes by default, which means that it continues to record a new video every three minutes. The kicker is that you can set the sensitivity on low, medium or high for increased/decreased impact detection, which will kickstart the Roav and make it start recording a 60-second emergency recording in case of an accident, hit and run, or generally just slamming on the breaks – yes, it’s that sensitive. I keep mine on low sensitivity and when I hit a good bump or dip in the road it will initiate an emergency recording. The other cool feature other than emergency and loop recording is the parked mode. Even in parked mode the dash cam will record if there is a registered event such as someone bumping into your car, breaking a window or some form of impact that jars the sensor in the Roav. The Roav screen stays off in parked mode and will initiate a 60-second recording in the event that the sensor is activated, which is great because it gives you some peace of mind when you’re away from your car. The videos are even easy to access. All you have to do is hit the file-folder button and you can choose between the two video recording folders: emergency videos and loop videos. Once you select a video it will begin playback with audio. Another nicety is that you can review/view the videos on your computer by simply popping the SD card out of the Roav and plugging it into your computer.

8.jpg
9.jpg

Conclusion: I’ve been surprisingly impressed and happy with the Roav. I was worried at first about having a contraption hanging from the windshield in my car, but it’s very unobtrusive and is quite reassuring every time someone cuts me off and makes me slam on the brakes, or whenever I hit a bump and the dash cam starts recording. The extra little bit of security in the event of an emergency, accident or triggering near-miss vehicle event is plenty enough to help justify the purchase. Plus, it’s a great conversation starter when people get in the car. It’s like having a built-in GoPro on your dashboard while you putt around town.

If you’re interested in picking up one of Anker's new Roav C2 Pro dash cams, you can find them on Anker’s website: https://www.anker.com/store/Roav-Dash-Cam-C2/R2210011 - where they are currently priced at $59.99. If you decide to pick one up or have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them in the comments section.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I am actually thinking of putting one on both my SUV and my motorcycle. The number of people who text and drive and I see checking their Facebook post while driving is scary.

What bothers me more is when you confront them and they tell you to mind your own business!!!!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I ended up getting one of these and been using it for a few weeks. Really impressed with the video quality. I did turn system sounds and audio recording off but did leave power on and off sounds on.

Pretty good product for the price. Actually looking at getting another one for the rear.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative