Review: Otterbox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 6

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Review: Otterbox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 6

OtterBox began like many start-ups – built on a dream, created out of a garage. Starting with something as simple as a box, OtterBox was created in 1998 and built upon the fundamentals of hard work, risk taking and listening to it’s consumers. It’s through their commitment to innovation that they’ve become what they are today. They imagine, design and build extraordinary products that enhance life on the go and protect what matters most. They allow people to enjoy extraordinary moments and everyday ones too — without worry. Always ready for action, OtterBox inspires people to do all that they do with a dash of daring.

As a company, they strive to do all that we can to make a lasting change. Their mission statement is, ‘We Grow to Give’. From time to treasure to talent, they give of themselves through the OtterCares Foundation, which is committed to Inspiring Kids to Change the World. (Above statement taken from their site).

I was given the opportunity to test and review the Otterbox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 6 in the Sage Green/White colour combination. First I will start with the packaging which is impressive. I expected nothing less from Otterbox. Upon opening the package I was greeted with the case, a USB to Micro USB cable and clear instructions.

Otterbox1.jpg

Otterbox2.png

I was surprised by the weight & size of it. It is heavy & very large. As both the face of the case and back are already together in the box, it left me with the task of pulling it apart. That is a feat unto itself. I had to put a lot of effort and patience into pulling the two halves apart. I then proceeded to put my phone into it and close the case. Well closing it is a lot easier than opening it. This was when I really noticed the bulk & weight of it. It nearly doubled the weight of my phone and was extremely bulky. My phone measured in at 6 ⅛” x 3” with the case.

The case is made of:

• Outer shell: two-piece fibreglass filled polycarbonate
  • Inner core: high-density foam
  • Finish: premium soft-touch metallic paint
  • 2,600-mAh battery provides twice the battery life of your iPhone

Otterbox3.jpg

Otterbox4.jpg

Otterbox5.png

Otterbox6.jpg

Otterbox7.jpg

The thing I like most about this case was the added battery. It doubled my usage in time. I could go 3-4 days without charging. Another really nice feature of this case is that it is the user that determines when you want to use the battery. By simply pressing on the button on the back of the case for 1-3 second, it allows you to recharge your phone. Once your phone is fully charged it’s Auto-Shut feature turn the case off saving the power for when you need it later. Also by pressing the button on the back you can see how much power is left in the case. Very nice fit on the phone with very nice button response. Wired & wireless sync. Charges quickly. All in all a very good power case due to some off the added features to it. I was very comfortable with the protection it provided. In the time I used it the case showed no signs of wear. The only thing I was not pleased with was the weight and size of it. If you can get past that then you should like this case.

Where I think this might be ideal for, is if you were going hiking for a few days and had no access to power to charge your phone. Great protection and power enough to last you a few days. That is if you have reception.

Pros:

Great additional battery life
Superior phone protection
Auto-Shut
LED battery display

Cons:

Bulky in size
Heavy

I would recommend it to anyone looking for really good additional battery life. Come in four different colour variations. You can find this case and many more at Otterbox.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73