Review: Various VRS Design iPhone 6 Cases

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I was very fortunate to receive five cases from VRS Design to product review. I received the Layered Dandy Series, Damda Clip Series, two Crystal Bumper Series and the High Pro Sheild Series.

VRS Design was founded in 2004 as Verus, a specialized brand for third-party Apple accessories. The brand has since grown in size and popularity, and we’ve expanded to become a truly global entity selling both iOS and Android-compatible products. VRS Design emphasizes quality & design above all else, and from the design process, to production, to inspection, we make sure that our products meet our stringent internal standards. Our company was rebranded in 2016 to further show our commitment to creating unique products that push the boundaries of fashion without compromising function. (Taken from their site).

Let’s start with the leather Layered Dandy Series in Coffee Brown. This was my favourite of them all. Folio in style with a magnetic wrap around clip to keep it closed. My phone slipped in and out of the case easily, maybe a little to easy. When my phone was in I could ever so slightly move it up & down, but not side to side. Open on both sides and bottom for easy access to all your buttons & ports. There is an earpiece opening on the front folio side to allow you to take a call without having to have the case open while communicating.

For the price I was very surprised at the quality of the leather used. In the time I used the case it never changed colour and showed no signs of scratches or wear. Beautiful two-tone leather in a rich brown & tan colour and very well stitched. The inside folio has three slots for cards as well a pouch behind it for added cards or whatever your needs may be. In the end I would recommend this case. Comes in four different two-tone colours.

Pros:

Quality leather
Folio for cards
Ease of use
Solid protection
Well made

Cons:

Opening in the back for  logo
Case little lose fit

VRS1.jpg

VRS2.jpg

VRS3.jpg

VRS4.png

Next will be the Damda Clip Series. I had the Dark Silver for this review. The hard frame was made from polycarbonate with a thermoplastic polyurethane impact-resistant inner shell. This case is a compact wallet design with accessible money & card clip on the back. It allowed for easy on/off of the phone and probably the best protection of all the cases in this review. The edges offered a lip on them to help prevent damage to the face of your phone while the outer shell and inner liner offered significant drop protection.

Outer casing had a nice feel and almost a metallic look to it. Money clip was easy to use and had just the right pinch strength so you did not have to fight with it. Openings at the bottom for your ports. Thermoplastic polyurethane buttons that were very responsive. While adding a little bulk to your phone it is still light weight. Very little wear to it in the time I used it. Comes in four colours. This was a very nice case to use when I was riding my motorcycle and did not have a lot of room for other things. All in all a very good case and I highly recommend it.

Pros:

Solid build
Great fit
Excellent protection
Nice grip

Cons:

None

VRS5.jpg

VRS6.jpg

VRS7.jpg

VRS8.jpg

Next case is the High Pro Shield Series in Steel Silver. Very thin and light weight in design. Bumper is made from polycarbonate with a metallic finish, while thermoplastic polyurethane makes up the impact-resistant cover. This case allowed for easy on/off of the phone. The buttons gave very positive feedback. The case offers a 1.2mm lip for screen protection while the bumper added extra protection for your phone.

Nice case with stylish design, while offering protection for your phone. Showed no signs of wear while I was using it. This is a nice case for those who are a bit less accident prone with their phone. While it does add protection to your phone I have seen and used other cases that offer better protection. Comes in four different colours.

Pros:

Good build
Ease of use
Nice design

Cons:

Limited protection
Bumpers not sold separately
Opening in the back for  logo

VRS9a.jpg

VRS9b.jpg

VRS10.jpg

VRS11.jpg

Last but not least are the Crystal Bumper Series in Champagne Gold & Steel Silver. These are virtually the same build as the High Pro shield Series. The big difference here is the case is clear. This allows for a case with no opening to display the  logo, but then again none is needed. This case does pick up fingerprints, but is easily wiped clean. No sticking to my phone issues.

Really liked this case as I could show off my phone while not worrying about it being protected. The coloured bumpers added a nice touch. One thing I would like to see is VRS Designs sell the bumpers separately. The case held up well while in my use, so all I had to do was change out the bumper for something a little different. The same goes for the High Shield Pro Series.

Pros:

Good build
Ease of use
Nice design

Cons:

Limited protection
Bumpers not sold separately

VRS13.jpg

VRS14.jpg

VRS15.jpg

Additional images:

http://fyredept.pairserver.com/imore/VRS16.png

http://fyredept.pairserver.com/imore/VRS17.png

http://fyredept.pairserver.com/imore/VRS18.png

All in all these are very nice cases and all have their purposes. The Layered Dandy was definitely my favorite with the Damda Clip coming a close second. I would recommend all these cases but will note that they are not all for everyone. The Dandy & Damda definitely offered the best protection of them, while the other three were for the less accident prone person. As you will see above all have their pros & cons. All these cases can be had at VRS Design for various prices. Check them out, you may find something you like. Thank you!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2