In summary, at least from my perspective, the iMore Forum website is too complicated, too layered and it does not display a sense of relation to Apple products and services. It need simplicity, and a common sense approach to accessing sections within the forums.
    Yes, and a common sense approach to settings options, which are scattered about, rather than all in a central place.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-13-2017 07:23 PM
    In Participated, have an option to show/sort threads with new or unread posts. I have a feeling that there are threads I've participated in that have new discussion, but don't know about it - even after scrolling through several Participated pages. I'm not sure if Participated is working at times.
    As an example, I have participated in this discussion (NCAA Football 2017)
    https://forums.imore.com/sports/3876...ml#post3021571 Went there just now by navigating directly via Forums/iMore Lounge/Sports, and saw that there were two unread posts, but don't recall seeing that show up in my Participated list as a discussion that had unread comments.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-14-2017 03:15 PM
    I’ll echo what some others have said about the forums being convoluted. Too many areas causes too many dead forums. A more simplified approach would be better.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-20-2017 08:40 PM
    I also use the "Participated" option a lot on the web version (i.e. not Tapatalk) and they don't sort in date order. Even if I clear out the first page, there are others unread on page 2 and beyond that are newer posts to respond to than showed up on the front page which might be half read.
    Annie_8plus and Sherry_B like this.
    12-22-2017 07:38 AM
    Sorry, I know I'm kicking that same horse, but look at all that wasted space.

How can we improve the design and layout of the iMore Forums?-screen-shot-2017-12-22-10.00.54-am.jpg
    12-22-2017 10:03 AM
    I know ads pay the bills but good lord can we ease up on them? I paused my ad-blocker for another website this morning. Then ventured over to iMore into the forums where my browser (chrome) was locking up and freezing like crazy only on this website. I was fine everywhere else but when I'd come to the Forums I couldn't do anything after a few moments. Thats when I remembered by Ad-Blocker was paused. I re-enabled it and I'm back and everything is smooth sailing.

That is insane. The ads shouldn't slow the experience to a crawl. Maybe that's something that could be taken into consideration. I'm fine because I use the ad-blocker. But what if we are alienating new users who may not be experiencing similar issues as I am.
    12-22-2017 12:58 PM
    I know ads pay the bills but good lord can we ease up on them? I paused my ad-blocker for another website this morning. Then ventured over to iMore into the forums where my browser (chrome) was locking up and freezing like crazy only on this website. I was fine everywhere else but when I'd come to the Forums I couldn't do anything after a few moments. Thats when I remembered by Ad-Blocker was paused. I re-enabled it and I'm back and everything is smooth sailing.

That is insane. The ads shouldn't slow the experience to a crawl. Maybe that's something that could be taken into consideration. I'm fine because I use the ad-blocker. But what if we are alienating new users who may not be experiencing similar issues as I am.
    They are obnoxious. Thank goodness for AdBlock.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    12-24-2017 08:33 AM
32 12