What would you like to see more of? (It can be ANYTHING!)

Cella Lao Rousseau

Staff Writer, iMore.com
Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Seriously! It can be anything!

More animal tech? More social media news? More weird product reviews? Let us know!

It can literally. Be. Anything!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

We have a large array of topics here on iMore but if you can't find a topic you can request it

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see more product reviews. Not just the same old stuff from the same old brands either. Branching out and trying other stuff. I say it a lot, I never see Rhinoshield in the blogs when it comes to cases and screen protectors. A case and a protector is roughly the same cost as an Otterbox Defender however the Rhinoshield's are slimmer and more protective. Rhinoshield even sponsors reviews. As in they will send you the stuff to review and let you say what you want.

I would also like to see more in depth photography stuff. Glad to see it's coming back more, I would just like to see more in depth analyses of apps and accessories.

How about a Meet the Staff? There's usually one post when a new staff member is hired. It would be nice if those were updated occasionally and if no changes were made just a repost. Every few months or so, so the newer members and viewers of iMore can learn about everyone.

That's it for now, I'll post more if I think of any.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I'd love to see the old forum design. Really don't care for this new setup. (I don't read the forums on my phone). Where's the "read first unread"?

returnmyjedi

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I'd like to see some Apple related stuff. As of now the last 12 posts on the site have been either Switch or Pokemon Go related, or a deal of the day type offer. Pretty poor compared to the other Mobile Nations sites.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see some Apple related stuff. As of now the last 12 posts on the site have been either Switch or Pokemon Go related, or a deal of the day type offer. Pretty poor compared to the other Mobile Nations sites.

They post Apple related stuff when it's there. Apple does things at certain times of the year, outside of those time there's not a lot to cover from Apple.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it belongs in this thread or not, I do really miss seeing who wins contests. Contest pages used to be updated when the winners were announced, now you just have to assume that if you hear nothing you lost and have no idea who won.

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'll echo the Pokémon and Switch comment. If there's interest, start a Nintendo site and leave it off the Mac site.

I'd also like to see more attention paid to keeping up series of articles. What happened to Serenity's "iPad Pro at Work" series? I love her articles but tends to promise more than she can deliver. There was a three part article from last year where only two parts ever showed up.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll offer this question to those that don't want to see Pokémon Go or Nintendo Switch coverage. First there is a feed setting for no Pokémon Go articles. Secondly, what do you want to see more of? Yes, the threads question. Apple does things at certain times of the year and articles go up like crazy during those times. However during the off times of the year, what do you want to see? Something has to take that place. Pokémon Go was huge when it came out so iMore covered it extensively. The Nintendo Switch is big right now and Apple news is slow so iMore is covering the Switch extensively.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'll offer this question to those that don't want to see Pokémon Go or Nintendo Switch coverage. First there is a feed setting for no Pokémon Go articles. Secondly, what do you want to see more of? Yes, the threads question. Apple does things at certain times of the year and articles go up like crazy during those times. However during the off times of the year, what do you want to see? Something has to take that place. Pokémon Go was huge when it came out so iMore covered it extensively. The Nintendo Switch is big right now and Apple news is slow so iMore is covering the Switch extensively.

I don't see a feed setting. Where would that be?

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Or, since it's supposed to be an Apple-focused site, why not have people that want it turn it on instead of having a customer URL to filter out things I didn't come to the site for? It's misplaced. Pokémon has a little place because it's an iOS app, but I hardly think it deserves multiple articles a week. Switch has NOTHING to do with Apple. They might as well start posting articles about Windows 10, Drones, and Electric Cars. At very least put all the Pokémon and Nintendo stuff in another tab.

What do I want to see more of? I think the type of "user perspective" articles that Serenity writes are really interesting - which is why I'm disappointed we've only seen ONE "iPad at Work" article.

How about Product/accessory articles where different types of people put it through it's paces? Some in depth reviews of other iPad stylus (that are more than a couple paragraphs from the manufacturer)? They could have five different people test one out and see how it works for different people in different situations.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
What about an area about non-tech items used to help the tech folks relax?

For example, being in IT (which is stressful enough), I love taking my hammock in the woods around my house and relax while reading tech stuff on my iPhone or iPad (usually the iMore app).

IMG_0301.jpg

Last edited:

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I would like to see more guests on the iMore show! It was great when Cella Rousseau was able to be one an episode, since she had a different perspective from the veterans of the show. Hmm, and maybe the ability to delete full words when typing on the iPad Pro with the Smart Keyboard, since I'm not able to use command + delete to delete full words like like I can in apps or on the Mac. But definitely more guests on the iMore Show. Having Cella on the show gave me a great new person to follow on Instagram as she takes great pictures and shares many stories. Keep up the good work!

samosIM

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I would like to see the following:
1. For ultimate guides, have an option to include all the linked articles in the single guide. (I like to save these as pdfs to refer to and annotate later.)
2. Organize the articles so that they print out properly (either as hard copy or as pdfs)
3. Make the articles from the iMore app printable just like the ability when viewing the articles from Safari.

Alternatively, allow users to tag select articles as 'Favorites' so that they can be accessed quickly from a 'Favorites' folder. (Have a feeling this will be much more costly for iMore. Is it?)

I like comments from others throughout the iMore Forum that suggest using the term 'Our Favorites' as opposed to 'Best'

In closing, you are the first site I examine multiple times per day, when I want to know about Apple events, apps, services, OS updates, etc. The second site I visit is 9to5 Mac, and the third AppleInsider.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Just want to comment that I AM LOVING the "Join the Discussion" blogs, that feature threads from the forums, and that highlight some of our comments. :) It's really cool to see your thread or comment get featured, PLUS it helps to draw members from the blogs in to the forums.

As a forum regular (and volunteer) I have been doing the reverse for years and highlighting blogs on my forum threads. Of course this can always be done when a blog is used to answer a question, BUT sometimes a good blog can start a great discussion in the forums too!

I know featuring forum threads on the blogs is not new, BUT iMore is taking it a LOT more serious these days, and I for 1 really appreciate it @Cella Lao Rousseau!