Are mesh type routers needed in a mobile home?
    05-21-2022 04:41 PM
    There is no difference between a mobile or a brick-and-mortar home. It depends on the area to be covered and the material the home is made of.

In my 70m^2 apartment, made out of brick and plaster, I use two wireless antennae (not mesh, but sharing the same WiFi controller), and that's more than enough; I could probably make do with one if it supported 4 SSIDs.
    05-21-2022 04:45 PM
    Mine is not metal. The Verizon modem/router in above the fridgerator. There are not any walls between the kitchen and where most of the internet is used.
    05-21-2022 07:00 PM
    Mine is not metal. The Verizon modem/router in above the fridgerator. There are not any walls between the kitchen and where most of the internet is used.
    I don’t know the area it needs to cover, but it sounds like you don’t need a mesh system. Instead, placing your modem/router/AP combo unit in a more central location, and away from the heavy appliances (microwave, oven, fridge) should help a lot.

If you want to use a mesh system wirelessly, you will need a good wireless signal to the “root” device, which involves a good central placement for it.
    Lee_Bo and Just_Me_D like this.
    05-22-2022 07:20 AM
    Are mesh type routers needed in a mobile home?
    I doubt it. The typical router should be able to provide coverage for it.
    05-22-2022 07:59 AM
    Instead, placing your modem/router/AP combo unit in a more central location, and away from the heavy appliances (microwave, oven, fridge) should help a lot.
    Agreed. Now if it’s a double/triple wide with add on’s, you might want to add one additional access point. Other than that, move the router to a more central location.

I live in a 2- story house with Ubiquity network and 2 access points, one per floor. I recently added a 3rd access point on the back patio for the “patio therapy / movie streaming” nights.
    Just_Me_D, aximtreo and Annie_M like this.
    05-22-2022 08:57 AM
    Appreciate the replies. Decided on the replies read here. I agree from that I will not invest in the mesh router.
    Annie_M likes this.
    05-23-2022 07:52 PM