Mesh Routers

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
There is no difference between a mobile or a brick-and-mortar home. It depends on the area to be covered and the material the home is made of.

In my 70m^2 apartment, made out of brick and plaster, I use two wireless antennae (not mesh, but sharing the same WiFi controller), and that's more than enough; I could probably make do with one if it supported 4 SSIDs.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine is not metal. The Verizon modem/router in above the fridgerator. There are not any walls between the kitchen and where most of the internet is used.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine is not metal. The Verizon modem/router in above the fridgerator. There are not any walls between the kitchen and where most of the internet is used.

I don’t know the area it needs to cover, but it sounds like you don’t need a mesh system. Instead, placing your modem/router/AP combo unit in a more central location, and away from the heavy appliances (microwave, oven, fridge) should help a lot.

If you want to use a mesh system wirelessly, you will need a good wireless signal to the “root” device, which involves a good central placement for it.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Instead, placing your modem/router/AP combo unit in a more central location, and away from the heavy appliances (microwave, oven, fridge) should help a lot.

Agreed. Now if it’s a double/triple wide with add on’s, you might want to add one additional access point. Other than that, move the router to a more central location.

I live in a 2- story house with Ubiquity network and 2 access points, one per floor. I recently added a 3rd access point on the back patio for the “patio therapy / movie streaming” nights.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2