Since Net Talk does not offer unlimited data. Does anyone know of any other options?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Since Net Talk does not offer unlimited data. Does anyone know of any other options?

I see some additional adverts for unlimited data. But this is only for iPhones and not WIFI Devices.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unlimited Data

I'm not aware of any carriers who are offering unlimited data plans for non-smartphones unless it's part of a bundle. Hopefully those who are aware will reply soon.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I don’t believe there’s such thing as unlimited data

It’s seems to be a Marketing ploy. They Throttle you back after a predetermined set point and it becomes unusable to a degree from there on

Just Saying

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

That is exactly what I noticed. Plus not many support WiFi hotspot devices. Comcast charges 30.00 extra on the bill for unlimited data.

Again Comcast doesn’t support WiFi hotspot devices.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

If companies like Comcast can offer like unlimited plan. Well for 30.00 extra the month. This is after 1.5 tb. Why can’t wireless carriers do the same.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Should be less expensive to provide internet by wireless than by wires. Cost monies to add wires. Wireless towers are already installed.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

I guess I’m missing the point of the OP.

You have a WiFi only device and you want to me able to use it when you’re not at home or work?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

You have a WiFi only device and you want to me able to use it when you’re not at home or work?
That is my understanding as well, sir.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Yes. Actually all the time. Comcast is getting too expensive. Home or not home I want to have unlimited service on WiFi device only.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Should be less expensive to provide internet by wireless than by wires. Cost monies to add wires. Wireless towers are already installed.

Wireless networks and the bandwidth associated are shared by far more than the lines that get ran into your house providing your wireless services. Your home router is essentially your personal wireless cell tower. A few people in your home is cool. But imagine adding 1000 people to your home, all sharing your network, all streaming Netflix, downloading games and listening to music. The network takes a toll. It's expensive to offer a high level of redundancy and reliability. That's what the wireless companies have to do on a MUCH larger scale. Network management comes with sacrifices. One of those is a truly unlimited option. Data hogs are expensive on a network. And it's hard to offer that reliability if everyone decides to go crazy on the network at once.

You're likely not going to find a truly unlimited mobile hotspot. In general, your mobile devices aren't going to eat as much data as you may if you have a mobile hotspot that you're now attaching your tablets, cell phones, computers, TVs, etc., to.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Yes. Actually all the time. Comcast is getting too expensive. Home or not home I want to have unlimited service on WiFi device only.

Spectrum has started adding wifi areas to our area. This allows us to connect to their wifi when out of the house. However, we're on Tmobile and all 4 of us are in the 60-70 gig range every month and none of us have yet to feel like we're being "throttled".

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Unlimited Data

Offer a bunch of add ones. Will check into this tomorrow.

Appreciate the help.

Just saw this new plan starting tomorrow called Magenta MAX.

Will look into that plan tomorrow. I bet their SIM card will work on my unlocked WiFi device. Would use the T-Mobile SIM card on my iPhone but that would not that would only be good for the iPhone itself.

With the WIFI Device I can connect many devices.

Last edited:

KCox2021

Sep 13, 2021
Visit site

I use Visible run by Verizon. $40 monthly, everything unlimited. Even 5G, slow at times but no overages.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner