Have you been receiving duplicate “SMS” messages on Verizon?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Within the last week, I’ve been receiving duplicate “sms” messages. This does not occur with iMessages. In addition, I’ve only gotten them from people who do not use an iPhone. I’m on Verizon’s network, by the way. Has anyone else experienced this recently?

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I had one thread that was being duplicated in another and I deleted one and the other went away. I haven't seen the issue since. Weird

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Within the last week, I’ve been receiving duplicate “sms” messages. This does not occur with iMessages. In addition, I’ve only gotten them from people who do not use an iPhone. I’m on Verizon’s network, by the way. Has anyone else experienced this recently?

Happens all the time with me. My wife is on Android and I get duplicate texts mostly when either one of us has a weak signal. At least that’s when I notice it the most.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Happens all the time with me. My wife is on Android and I get duplicate texts mostly when either one of us has a weak signal. At least that’s when I notice it the most.

I appreciate the feedback, sir. Thank you!...:cool:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I had one thread that was being duplicated in another and I deleted one and the other went away. I haven't seen the issue since. Weird

The "thread" is not being duplicated in my situation. Only comments from people sending sms messages. It's as if the cell service is sending them twice. By the way, it's only from about 3 people. I/m sure it'll clear itself up.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Definitely sounds like a glitch, I would follow the suggestion of the others and delete one of the chains, it MAY delete the other also, BUT as soon as you or the others text again a new chain should start.

My first thought was that you had 2 competing SMS services, iMessage and maybe Verizon has it's own, BUT that does not sound like the case here. :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: Whatever the problem, it has somehow fixed itself. Thank you all for your input and have a great day.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Thats really odd. I havent noticed anything myself, being on Verizon. Sounds like it was just a bug that worked itself out one way or another.

larsonage

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

I have

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2