Just switched to T-Mobile from Verizon

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
With T-Mobile, I pay $120 tax included for 4 lines of unlimited. We get LTE tethering up to 10 GB’s per line. There was a promo awhile back to add on the LTE tethering at no cost. You just have to watch the promos to get free add ons.

How long ago did you join up? I’m paying $180 for five lines. Your plan is a steal!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
How long ago did you join up? I’m paying $180 for five lines. Your plan is a steal!

When I first signed up, unlimited plans weren’t as competitive because I switched to them 3 years ago when nobody else had unlimited. So I started with them paying $120 for 2 lines. Then they did a promo holiday season of 2016 to add in 2 lines for free so we did and now use those for our iPad. We can use those free lines for anything. Then when Verizon started selling unlimited again, tmo did a promo to add on LTE tethering and HD video streaming for free. Then of course we know they started doing tax included. So I just kept adding on all the promos for free as they offered them.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
When I first signed up, unlimited plans weren’t as competitive because I switched to them 3 years ago when nobody else had unlimited. So I started with them paying $120 for 2 lines. Then they did a promo holiday season of 2016 to add in 2 lines for free so we did and now use those for our iPad. We can use those free lines for anything. Then when Verizon started selling unlimited again, tmo did a promo to add on LTE tethering and HD video streaming for free. Then of course we know they started doing tax included. So I just kept adding on all the promos for free as they offered them.

Same here, except we only have 3 lines and started before the promo so our plan is $140.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I just started the switch Friday for the exact same reasons. 5 lines, work T-Mobile ONE Amplified, $150 Gift Card per line. Will be saving $40+/month for more.

Figure if T-Mobile sucks after 3 months, I will be about $900 better off which will go to a shiny new iPhone ?? on at&t or back to Verizon!

How did the switch process go? Lose any data or was it as simple as switching out the sim?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I just started the switch Friday for the exact same reasons. 5 lines, work T-Mobile ONE Amplified, $150 Gift Card per line. Will be saving $40+/month for more.

Figure if T-Mobile sucks after 3 months, I will be about $900 better off which will go to a shiny new iPhone ?? on at&t or back to Verizon!

How did the switch process go? Lose any data or was it as simple as switching out the sim?

Nice! No fair though, I only got $100 a line!
No data loss from switching. Swapped the SIM cards, made a phone call, done.

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Did you have to pay for your SIM cards though? If you got them free, that’s only $25/line difference. Less with the tax on the sim! ;)

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you have to pay for your SIM cards though? If you got them free, that’s only $25/line difference. Less with the tax on the sim! ;)

Yep I had to pay for the SIM cards. Still a good deal though and service has been pretty good. There are a few areas where I used to get slightly better service with Verizon but I’m getting faster speeds overall with TMo.

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
That stinks. The way I look at it, when I add in the Netflix savings, I’m saving over $50/months.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
That stinks. The way I look at it, when I add in the Netflix savings, I’m saving over $50/months.

I borrow Netflix from my parents. I pay their cell phone bills and lend them some of my other streaming services so it’s more than a fair trade. That said I still set up a Netflix account because it’s free.

iSRS

Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Haha! I have signed my parents into my Netflix and Hulu. My mom feels guilty. Now I’ll tell her she doesn’t need to go to confession anymore over using my Netflix since she’s on my cell plan and it’s included! Haha.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner