Score a saving on iPad Pro (2021): $100 off at Amazon

Without reading through the above posts, I will add that my wife and I have been on T-Mobile for 15 years and are grandfathered in to a very inexpensive ONE plan. The service has been outstanding; never ever a dropped call; great 4Gee LTE speeds; customer service always cordial and objective. Having never used Verizon, OP, I cannot make a comparison, but will say that you cannot lose by going to the Big Pink!
    07-15-2018 11:29 PM
    Awesome. I just need TMo to work in a highrise condo in Myrtle Beach and I’ll be good to go.
    Try the Root Metrics app and see how it looks. It's mostly crowd sourced but it's been out a long time now so should be fairly accurate.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cell...mt=8&at=10l3Vy
    iSRS likes this.
    07-16-2018 04:43 AM
    I'd like to switch to TMo but the rate isn't that much better than my VZW for the hassle (but I'll revisit it soon I'm sure) and we still have an iPhone 6 and 6s on the plan that I'm not sure would have all the bands necessary to take advantage of the full TMo network. My X would probably be fine, but the 6/6s I'm not sure.

Edit: oof 3g tethering on a non Amplified? No thanks
    Last edited by robertk328; 07-16-2018 at 05:35 AM.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    07-16-2018 04:44 AM
    Still working on it, but currently I think only the Galaxy S9 can use it. Phones need band 71 to access it. So hopefully the new iPhones have it.
    Probably the main reason I'm staying with the 7 Plus a little longer. I want to see if the next devices have it.
    07-16-2018 06:05 AM
    I'd like to switch to TMo but the rate isn't that much better than my VZW for the hassle (but I'll revisit it soon I'm sure) and we still have an iPhone 6 and 6s on the plan that I'm not sure would have all the bands necessary to take advantage of the full TMo network. My X would probably be fine, but the 6/6s I'm not sure.

Edit: oof 3g tethering on a non Amplified? No thanks
    Yeah that’s rough. I rarely use tethering but I’d like to know I can at LTE speeds if the need arises.
    07-16-2018 06:08 AM
    I have been on all 4 networks. You simply have to use what works for you (coverage wise and price wise). No real reason to stick with one just to do it (especially if it isn't working). Every carrier in my area is good (except Sprint) but I am on Verizon at the moment. I have a good deal with their unlimited plan they offered before they did all this Go, Beyond, and Above stuff. I pay a pretty cheap price and have great coverage so hard for me to complain.

A lot of my buddies have T-Mobile and I had them before I swapped to Verizon (1 1/2 years ago). No complaints really.
    07-16-2018 12:40 PM
    My rate is pretty reasonable for unlimited with Verizon, so I don’t have a reason to switch. That employee deal with T-Mobile looks really nice though, but in NYC Big Red & AT&T rule...especially in the hospitals (where I work), in the subway stations, & on the trains.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    07-16-2018 04:35 PM
    I’m a few days in with T-Mobile and I’m really happy. I’ve conducted several speed tests in different locations (home, work, at the mall, in the basement of a commercial building, etc.) and surprisingly I’m getting better results than I ever did with Verizon. Being on unlimited data is awesome. I love knowing that I can stream whatever I want wherever I want without having to worry about overages.
    aximtreo, mumfoau and blaine07 like this.
    07-21-2018 05:24 AM
    I’m a few days in with T-Mobile and I’m really happy. I’ve conducted several speed tests in different locations (home, work, at the mall, in the basement of a commercial building, etc.) and surprisingly I’m getting better results than I ever did with Verizon. Being on unlimited data is awesome. I love knowing that I can stream whatever I want wherever I want without having to worry about overages.
    What kinda hotspot speeds do you get? I’ve been toying with the idea of switching myself.
    07-21-2018 08:00 AM
    What kinda hotspot speeds do you get? I’ve been toying with the idea of switching myself.
    Haven’t tested that yet but I will when I get a chance. My plan gives me LTE speeds for the first 10 GB of mobile hotspot and 3G after that so I’m assuming I’ll have good results until I hit that LTE cap.
    07-21-2018 08:03 AM
    I’ve got Big Red’s “entry level” unlimited plan so my hotspot starts at 3G. lol
    07-21-2018 08:08 AM
    I’m on the first unlimited plan Verizon recently introduced when they first brought it back. So price and feature-wise, I’m actually pretty good. I’ve always been hesitant about t mobile in my area because I don’t know anyone with them. I’ve never known someone with them. I’ve looked into them but the lack of a strong customer base in my area has always worried me. Glad it seems to be working for you! The Unlimited plan I’ve got gives a lot of what you’re getting. Differences being 15 GB LTE hotspot on mine and no Netflix, DIGITS and I don’t believe I have the international stuff.
    07-21-2018 11:49 AM
    I’m on the first unlimited plan Verizon recently introduced when they first brought it back. So price and feature-wise, I’m actually pretty good. I’ve always been hesitant about t mobile in my area because I don’t know anyone with them. I’ve never known someone with them. I’ve looked into them but the lack of a strong customer base in my area has always worried me. Glad it seems to be working for you! The Unlimited plan I’ve got gives a lot of what you’re getting. Differences being 15 GB LTE hotspot on mine and no Netflix, DIGITS and I don’t believe I have the international stuff.
    I should’ve jumped on unlimited then. The stuff you have seems to be on the upper tier unlimited plan and costs an additional 30 bucks/month or so.
    07-21-2018 05:41 PM
    I should’ve jumped on unlimited then. The stuff you have seems to be on the upper tier unlimited plan and costs an additional 30 bucks/month or so.
    Yea that’s exactly what it is. It’s basically the top tier unlimited for a lower price. Which is why I’m not moving for anything lol.
    mumfoau and nikkisharif like this.
    07-21-2018 06:41 PM
    With T-Mobile, I pay $120 tax included for 4 lines of unlimited. We get LTE tethering up to 10 GB’s per line. There was a promo awhile back to add on the LTE tethering at no cost. You just have to watch the promos to get free add ons.
    07-21-2018 10:46 PM
    With T-Mobile, I pay $120 tax included for 4 lines of unlimited. We get LTE tethering up to 10 GB’s per line. There was a promo awhile back to add on the LTE tethering at no cost. You just have to watch the promos to get free add ons.
    How long ago did you join up? I’m paying $180 for five lines. Your plan is a steal!
    mumfoau likes this.
    07-22-2018 06:50 AM
    How long ago did you join up? I’m paying $180 for five lines. Your plan is a steal!
    When I first signed up, unlimited plans weren’t as competitive because I switched to them 3 years ago when nobody else had unlimited. So I started with them paying $120 for 2 lines. Then they did a promo holiday season of 2016 to add in 2 lines for free so we did and now use those for our iPad. We can use those free lines for anything. Then when Verizon started selling unlimited again, tmo did a promo to add on LTE tethering and HD video streaming for free. Then of course we know they started doing tax included. So I just kept adding on all the promos for free as they offered them.
    07-22-2018 11:02 AM
    When I first signed up, unlimited plans weren’t as competitive because I switched to them 3 years ago when nobody else had unlimited. So I started with them paying $120 for 2 lines. Then they did a promo holiday season of 2016 to add in 2 lines for free so we did and now use those for our iPad. We can use those free lines for anything. Then when Verizon started selling unlimited again, tmo did a promo to add on LTE tethering and HD video streaming for free. Then of course we know they started doing tax included. So I just kept adding on all the promos for free as they offered them.
    Same here, except we only have 3 lines and started before the promo so our plan is $140.
    Rob Phillips and robertk328 like this.
    07-22-2018 03:22 PM
    Same here, except we only have 3 lines and started before the promo so our plan is $140.
    That’s essentially the same plan I’m on. I have five lines but the last few lines are only $20 each.
    07-22-2018 05:52 PM
    I just started the switch Friday for the exact same reasons. 5 lines, work T-Mobile ONE Amplified, $150 Gift Card per line. Will be saving $40+/month for more.

Figure if T-Mobile sucks after 3 months, I will be about $900 better off which will go to a shiny new iPhone ?? on at&t or back to Verizon!

How did the switch process go? Lose any data or was it as simple as switching out the sim?
    08-26-2018 06:19 AM
    I just started the switch Friday for the exact same reasons. 5 lines, work T-Mobile ONE Amplified, $150 Gift Card per line. Will be saving $40+/month for more.

Figure if T-Mobile sucks after 3 months, I will be about $900 better off which will go to a shiny new iPhone ?? on at&t or back to Verizon!

How did the switch process go? Lose any data or was it as simple as switching out the sim?
    Nice! No fair though, I only got $100 a line!
    No data loss from switching. Swapped the SIM cards, made a phone call, done.
    iSRS likes this.
    08-26-2018 07:58 AM
    Did you have to pay for your SIM cards though? If you got them free, that’s only $25/line difference. Less with the tax on the sim!
    08-26-2018 08:14 AM
    Did you have to pay for your SIM cards though? If you got them free, that’s only $25/line difference. Less with the tax on the sim!
    Yep I had to pay for the SIM cards. Still a good deal though and service has been pretty good. There are a few areas where I used to get slightly better service with Verizon but I’m getting faster speeds overall with TMo.
    08-26-2018 08:17 AM
    That stinks. The way I look at it, when I add in the Netflix savings, I’m saving over $50/months.
    08-26-2018 08:22 AM
    That stinks. The way I look at it, when I add in the Netflix savings, I’m saving over $50/months.
    I borrow Netflix from my parents. I pay their cell phone bills and lend them some of my other streaming services so it’s more than a fair trade. That said I still set up a Netflix account because it’s free.
    iSRS likes this.
    08-26-2018 08:26 AM
56 123