Why hasn't AT&T speeds ever gotten better?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to maybe switch to AT&T because after autopay their pre paid unlimited plan is better then Verizons and is note like Verizons beyond unlimited plan which I had before. 22gb before depriortized and 10gb of Hotspot for the same $75 per month. Got the $35 dollar plan with 1gb and speeds were averaging 20 down which was the same when I left them. I was looking for this to be my main broadband device ditching cable and the HD streaming was the factor I was considering changing but the speeds are alot worse then Verizon. Verizon i average around 70 mbps and peak of 185. AT&T I've seen peak of 40 mbps.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t have any issues streaming music or video on my iPhone or in my car and I have unlimited data for both. I don’t experience any buffering, etc., but I understand that service in your location may differ from mine.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
It's all about location. I'm less than 2 miles from a Tmobile tower and get horrible LTE in my house and yard. I drive 1/2 a mile to the grocery store and get ludicrous speeds.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
AT&T speeds on LTE have been fine for me. My problem is in my neighborhood, it drops to 4G and has been that way for years. Would be nice if they improved LTE coverage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro