What are your thoughts on this proposed merger? For years it's been rumored and attempted. Now that they've agreed to the terms it's on step closer to a reality.

What do you think? Is this good or bad? Are you a customer of either carrier? If so, are you excited or worried? Or do you not care at all?
    04-30-2018 11:31 AM
    What are your thoughts on this proposed merger? For years it's been rumored and attempted. Now that they've agreed to the terms it's on step closer to a reality.

What do you think? Is this good or bad? Are you a customer of either carrier? If so, are you excited or worried? Or do you not care at all?
    I think I’ll be surprised if FCC allows it.
    04-30-2018 11:40 AM
    I think I’ll be surprised if FCC allows it.
    I think it makes sense to allow it. Sprint doesn't seem to be performing well. They've worked to make themselves attractive to potential mergers but I don't see them sustaining long term. Maybe it makes sense for this merger which will allow them to join with T Mobile and offer true competition to AT&T and Verizon?

I do like what T Mobile and Sprint forced the market to do. Specifically with unlimited data plans. Verizon and AT&T wouldn't have a reason to offer those if it weren't for market competition and pressure.
    04-30-2018 02:05 PM
    Right now, I really don’t have any thoughts about it. As long as rates don’t start skyrocketing then I suppose the merger would be a good thing.
    taz323 likes this.
    04-30-2018 07:44 PM
    As long as it doesn't affect my plan with Verizon in a negative way, I don't have any issue with it.
    04-30-2018 09:20 PM
    As long as it doesn't affect my plan with Verizon in a negative way, I don't have any issue with it.
    I think it will encourage Verizon (and AT&T for that matter) to build out a 5G network faster. T-Mobile has a huge spectrum now and they want their 5G network to compete in the fixed broadband arena with Comcast and the like. So this will effectively spur greater competition, not only with wireless providers but with broadband internet companies at some point in the future.
    We’re likely still a few years away from seeing any real impacts of this merger. I think it will be a net positive for consumers but there’s also an argument that less wireless providers means less competition, which often leads to price increases.
    Quis89 and nikkisharif like this.
    05-01-2018 05:16 AM
    It’ll be good for me because my carrier owns part of Sprint. So when I go to the States, I get unlimited use of their towers. Having better reception, which I’m hoping will happen, is never a bad thing.
    05-01-2018 07:04 AM
    Being a 19 year sprint customer I’m a little worried that the plan cost will go up but if a cell tower merge is in the cards that could be a good thing. Only time will tell
    taz323 and Quis89 like this.
    05-01-2018 01:34 PM
    Been a sprint customer for years and I don’t think that will change! 5g baby
    Quis89 likes this.
    05-01-2018 05:44 PM