Verizon Hotspot Limit -- Enforcement to begin on Sept. 6th

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Verizon Hotspot Limit -- Enforcement to being on Sept. 6th

The speed reduction really only kicks in of there is heavy network traffic. If network traffic isn't heavy, then you probably won't notice.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

The speed reduction really only kicks in of there is heavy network traffic. If network traffic isn't heavy, then you probably won't notice.

Apparently, that's not the case with the hotspot after Sept. 6. Depending on the plan you're on, you'll get reduced speeds automatically once you hit that 15GB allotment.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site

Apparently, that's not the case with the hotspot after Sept. 6. Depending on the plan you're on, you'll get reduced speeds automatically once you hit that 15GB allotment.
Here's what my plan says. I'm not too concerned. I've only hit 18.8GB total and have four days left in my cycle.
2cecc23bb211f257ef7f28b21f0de5b2.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Here's what my plan says. I'm not too concerned. I've only hit 18.8GB total and have four days left in my cycle.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170905/2cecc23bb211f257ef7f28b21f0de5b2.jpg

Unless you live in an area that may experience congestion, you shouldn't notice any change with data speeds. And even if you do get prioritized, it won't be a big deal. It'll be temporary and you might not even notice it. As for the Hotspot, it is what it is. You get throttled after 15 gb. I don't use Hotspots. So no idea what it does. But I've used over 50 gb of data in a cycle, but never noticed any prioritizing, except once when I was downtown. No big deal though.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Unless you live in an area that may experience congestion, you shouldn't notice any change with data speeds. And even if you do get prioritized, it won't be a big deal. It'll be temporary and you might not even notice it. As for the Hotspot, it is what it is. You get throttled after 15 gb. I don't use Hotspots. So no idea what it does. But I've used over 50 gb of data in a cycle, but never noticed any prioritizing, except once when I was downtown. No big deal though.

I use hotspots during my travel sometimes, but I doubt if I go over 15GB. Now as far as my mobile data goes, I've used 190 on my primary & 90 on the other & have only noticed a decrease in speed once. My son used about 150 but he's in another city, so I'm not sure if he's experienced anything.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I use hotspots during my travel sometimes, but I doubt if I go over 15GB. Now as far as my mobile data goes, I've used 190 on my primary & 90 on the other & have only noticed a decrease in speed once. My son used about 150 but he's in another city, so I'm not sure if he's experienced anything.

Holy Moly!!! Lol.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

This is about the hotspot. Not the deprioritization cap.

The hotspot has a hard cap of 15 GB.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

190? Braggart!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2