Using 4G instead of LTE on iPhone 7

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Today I switched from using LTE (voice and data) to 4G (HSPA+) on my iPhone 7 with AT&T service. The reason I switched is that in my home I was getting 1-3 bars of LTE versus 3-5 bars of 4G. I can still talk and surf with 4G as AT&T's GSM network has had this feature since 2008.

Is it worth switching to this method, or should I go back to using volte in the future?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
That's up to you. If you don't experience any downsides of being on 4G at home, then it should not be a problem. I guess you have wifi at home anyway, so you won't even notice any difference in data speed. And in case you're somewhere else without wifi and need faster data speed for whatever reason, you can always easily switch back to LTE.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
That's up to you. If you don't experience any downsides of being on 4G at home, then it should not be a problem. I guess you have wifi at home anyway, so you won't even notice any difference in data speed. And in case you're somewhere else without wifi and need faster data speed for whatever reason, you can always easily switch back to LTE.

There's no downside that I can see to using 4G. I have 5ghz Verizon Fios 802.11ac Quantum wifi at home. I can easily switch to LTE if I'm in an area that has bad 4G.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
4G in my att iPhone 7 is crap, at least in my area, very slow, nothing like when HSPA + came out a few years ago..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods