Grandfathered in unlimited data

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I read on 9to5 mac that AT&T is raising their rates for grandfathered in unlimited data customers. Is it true that grandfathered in means they can't raise your rates? How many people have unlimited data but don't have DirecTV? Is it worth it?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That's true, and I have also read that Verizon announced that they are raising their unlimited data rates. The have also apparently indicated that customers on old, unlimited data plans who exceed 200GB a month will need to move to a limited plan by February or face being cut off the network.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I read on 9to5 mac that AT&T is raising their rates for grandfathered in unlimited data customers. Is it true that grandfathered in means they can't raise your rates? How many people have unlimited data but don't have DirecTV? Is it worth it?

No. "Grandfathering" does not mean that they cannot raise your rates. Grandfathering simply allows you to stay on a service plan that they carrier no longer offers.

If you are not in a contract, they can raise the rates anytime they want.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
att increased it in 2016 5 dollars, I just got an email with a new increase of 5 dollars starting March 17th, they give you the option to close your account without paying any ETF.... I think im going to switch to Verizon...the email says you have 60 days after March 17th to cancel your account.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73