Changes Coming to Verizon Plans Sept. 6th

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Found this article online, but basically as of September 6th Safety Mode will free on all sizes of Verizon plans. Originally it cost $5.00 for those who weren't on the XL and XXL plans.
When Verizon first unveiled its revamped prices in July, several new features seemed really lame. The most egregious was the company's "Safety Mode," which was included only on its XL and XXL plans for free. Customers on other packages had to opt in and pay an extra $5 a month for the service, which gave you unlimited data at slower-than-LTE speeds after you exceeded your limit. But it looks like Verizon has wised up. A spokesperson for the carrier confirmed to us that, starting Sept 6, Safety Mode will be included for free on all sizes of the new Verizon Plan.

Also a limited time plan of 12GB for $80 to nestle in between the $70 8GB plan and $90 16GB plan.
The company is also introducing a new limited-time 12GB plan for $80, which sits between its existing 8GB and 16GB tiers that cost $70 and $90 respectively. In comparison, AT&T offers 10GB for $90 a month, and both providers impose an additional access charge of $20 per month. T-Mobile now only offers unlimited data for $70, while Sprint charges $60 a month for 12GB (with a $20-$45 access fee).

via Engadget

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
f7be4212bdc7ad47a66044c067aa5755.jpg

I wish they had a more reasonable plan for me. On the grandfathered unlimited with unlimited hotspot and over $200/month

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Ouch!!! Do you usually use that much data monthly??

Sometimes. Varies. Used 69gb last month. On track for about the same this month. Probably will continue to since I got IPad Pro. Hey, I pay for unlimited data, unlimited tethering/hotspot, and of course unlimited voice/text. Over $200/month(for a single line might I add). Have to get my monies worth.

bluesqueen23

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I use it and get my monies worth lol that's all I can say. I look for reasons to get my monies worth

I typically use 20-25gb/month. One rep told me I wasn't using enough. :) Been streaming Hulu & Showtime lately & I'm interested to see what my data usage went to this month.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2