Sprint supports instructed me to erase my phone.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 Sprint lines. I wanted them switched so I could use the 6+ for awhile on my main line.

He did the activation changes and asked me to call the 888 #. It failed on both phones.

The support person then instructed me to go to Settings -> Reset -> Reset All Content and Settings.

I said that this was too drastic. He said that was the way to get the phone reset and it will then activate.

I said - well I would need to run a backup in the very least as what he was asking would wipe all the data on both of my phones. He said sure and - take your time.

I went off to google looking for the codes that you can type in your phone to reset activation.

A few seconds later he came back and told me to try something else and gave me the codes to dial. It then worked.

I can't believe this was suggested. If I didn't know better I could have been an unhappy camper if the phones weren't backed up and wiped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Unbelievable. Carriers are the worst at doing this. I know quite a few people who called or visited carrier stores with iPhone issues and left with a wiped phone.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I didn't report the person. They are working with a script. They don't know any better and they were pleasant despite my protests to their directions.

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've never had issues switching phones like that, but I did have a rep completely hose my account trying. It was one of the "after hours" call centers. Always call back another time when you get them

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I didn't report the person. They are working with a script. They don't know any better and they were pleasant despite my protests to their directions.

Yep, they work with a script. Verizon is that way. You ask a question, and they look it up in their answer book. They're always nice, but I usually have to ask them to transfer me to a tech.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner